Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Star tag punch star. This is a file that Barb (CountryRose) made for the WB. I tried it last nite, wow so quick. I didn't cut the extra piece of vellum I just laid the star on it and cut around it. The sparkles are stickles. I only put them on the top one this time.
    Did she do a great job. Thanks for sharing with me Barb.
    Now to use it on something so I can show you that too.
    The first one is the two together the next are them before layering.
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and here's them seperated.
    looks like my scanner needs a cleaning again. LOL

Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donna, you are very welcome . Wow! This looks really cool. I like the idea of the Stickles on the top layer. Did you make the starburst the size on the file or did you resize it? I don't know the size of the tag punches that were used to make the one in the tutorial that you posted, so was just wondering. Did you see the snowflakes links that I posted on that thread? It was the same starburst made with the tags, but the snowflakes were really pretty too.

I was thinking that I may cut this myself today and cut two of the starbursts and lay the vellum in between the two layers to make snowflakes for the windows. I think I'll do it in different sizes. Wouldn't that be pretty with the light coming thru?

So what are you gonna put your starburst on? I want to see it .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had another thought. I wonder how it would look to emboss the vellum.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one is just a bit smaller that the file you made but not much. The first one I cut I used a heavier cs and it didn't cut all the way so used sb paper for this one. There is one point that gets scrunched and it did it on both of them, not sure why though. I'm not sure if I'll use these on a LO or a card.

The ones in the windows would be very pretty.
    There are so many options with this one.
    I may try to do a small one in a bit, am working on SS gift, Santa said I have to finish that first before I can play. LOL
    BBL with more.
    Want to see your creations too.
    Donna

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the heavier cs, since it didn't cut all the way through, did you know that you can copy and paste the cut out? Instead of moving the copy, just leave it on top of the cut out and the machine will cut it twice. That should get you all the way through. I'll try it and see if I have a problem with the scrunchy. TTYL.

Barb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, just cut mine out in two different sizes and didn't have any problems with the outline or with cutting out the vellum, but got to thinking about your speed setting. I have my media type set on 'Cardstock 40-60 lbs' and the speed set on '8'. Thickness is set on 33. When cutting more intricate files, if you cut them on a slower speed, they won't scrunch up when cutting. Now off to do something with these starbursts I just cut out, lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the snowflake I did with the embossing on the back. I used a smaller cut starburst for the front and Stickled it. DGS (5 yo) is just amazed, lol! I think I'm going to let him take it home with him tonight .

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barb,
    love the way that came out. Very nice with the embossing on the back one. Did you do dry emboss? Like it with the blue too.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love those! I hope they do something like that for the cricut!

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]