Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Your Tree :)

Gail suggested we post pics of our trees. Here is ours, taken at night. It is filled with hand made ornaments, ornaments I have collected since my oldest DD's were little, and a small collection of ornaments that belonged to my parents. Some of them were on the tree when I was born. Some of the ornaments were gifts too. Our tree is really a walk down Memory Lane every year, lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is one of the handmade ornaments that I have made over the years. This ornament, I made one for my Dad just like it, but it disappeared from my mother's house somehow. He kept it up all year long hanging on a peg between the kitchen and the dining room. I don't know what happened to it, but since I have a matching one, it always makes me think of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Since the above pic was taken of the tree, the needles have been vac'd up and the tree skirt has been put in place. I took this pic the night that youngest DD and DGS did the tree and I was decorating the rest of the house so was too tired to mess with it . This was the first year that I had nothing to do with decorating the tree. I let youngest DD do the entire thing from set up to decorating. She did a great job! The funny thing about our tree... It's not even a real tree, but it sheds needles like a real one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorgeous Tree. I'll take a pic of my Mom and Dad's. I have my favorite ornament back in TN though

They have artificial trees too. The one we had before shed needles but at least we didn't have to water it

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful tree Barb. Your DD did an awesome job. Your Santa is so sweet! Please tell us what you did to make it? ie what is it made of etc. Enjoy your holidays!

Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barb - I love your tree. I too had a fake tree that shed a lot, it was one that had individual branches that you had to put in place, a total PIA, and then I had to wind on all the lights That tree was also purchased for a larger livingroom. So after putting it up one year in the townhouse, I decided the next year to downsize to a thinner prelit tree. Love the prelit tree, it is so easy to put up and sheds very little.

The Santa ornament - you made it? It is awesome and what a keepsake. Sorry to hear your dad's disappeared that's just not right. The detail on Santa is amazing.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very pretty!
    It's just wonderful you have ornaments from your parents!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's mine. I let the DGD do the decorating, although some have been moved around to accomodate one of my 4 legged babies (wake up every morning to another ornament on the floor). Ours is a mish-mosh of 5 generations of stuff. It also has ornaments from 3 countries. On the mantle behind is the nativity that I made 40 years ago.
    Enjoy and Merry Christmas to you all.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tree Sprout - did your DGD enjoy decorating? I can remember decorating the tree when I was little and we used silver tinsel and it was kind of like just thrown on the tree and all the ornaments would all be nestled together instead of spread around the tree. Weren't those the good ole' days. I also remember peeking in the wrapped presents.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Carli'sGrandma:
    Beautiful tree Barb. Your DD did an awesome job. Your Santa is so sweet! Please tell us what you did to make it? ie what is it made of etc. Enjoy your holidays!

Donna
    The Santa ornament was just one of those plaster ones that you can buy at this time of year. I bought three of them. I painted two of them matching and sent one to my Dad. After I painted them I put a sealer on them. My Dad has been gone now for 13 years and I think I sent it to him about two or three years before he died. The third one I never did anything with, so DD#4 painted it a few years ago when she was little and it goes on the tree every year too .

Yes, Bonnie, you said it, it 'isn't' right that my Dad's disappeared, but I won't go into that .