Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fairly new to the board, so I don't know if this has been discussed. But I saw this today on a SB website & thought I'd share. I know elsewhere it's been asked how much should you charge for making scrapbooks & they usually charge by page. But this is how they charge on the Calamity Jane Scrapbooker website, in case you're interested. These are all for 12x12 albums. Plan A costs $150. This is no frills, simple LOs on neutral colors. Plan B is $250. This includes colorful & creative pages with embellishments, paper matting, journaling and titles. Plan C is $390. "The Works" includes stamping, die cuts, embossing, sewing, etc.
    I have done an album for someone I know and was totally clueless on what to charge. Hope you find this info. interesting. Sue
    ________
    PRILOSEC CLASS ACTION

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fairly new to the board, so I don't know if this has been discussed. But I saw this today on a SB website & thought I'd share. I know elsewhere it's been asked how much should you charge for making scrapbooks & they usually charge by page. But this is how they charge on the Calamity Jane Scrapbooker website, in case you're interested. These are all for 12x12 albums. Plan A costs $150. This is no frills, simple LOs on neutral colors. Plan B is $250. This includes colorful & creative pages with embellishments, paper matting, journaling and titles. Plan C is $390. "The Works" includes stamping, die cuts, embossing, sewing, etc.
    I have done an album for someone I know and was totally clueless on what to charge. Hope you find this info. interesting. Sue
    ________
    VAPORIZER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity, how many pages do these plans include?

Not that I plan to quit my day job or anything.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the basic 20 pages and the price includes an album.
    ________
    oxygen vaporizer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plan C @ $390 divided by 20 pages comes out to $19.50 per page, not including the cost of the album. Honestly, I personally don't think that is enough to charge, although on paper and in black and white it looks high. Embellishments are expensive, not to mention the time involved in putting the layout together. Even if you spent $5.00 for embellishments on one page and you spent only one hour doing a page, it only comes out to $14.50 per hour.

For the amount of time it takes me to create one page, it would not be worth it, which is why I don't scrapbook for a living. I am way too slow and particular.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOWZERS! i recently did an album for a gift for a friend of mine... Just on supplies (album, papers, stickers, charms etc..) i spent around 100.00. Then the time it took me to design each page and put them together. Then all the adhesives i went through,, (diffentaly was worth it she was AMAZED and SO happy to get it and everyone there was googling over it, Even after the party (this was a gift for a baby shower, the album was designed to hold the pics from the shower).

I wouldn't never have thought to even charge that much for something like that....and boy did it take up time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lady at my church asked me a while back if I would do an album of her 50th wedding anniversary. She already had the album but that was all. She was willing to pay a total of $200 plus the album. I was considering it but was going out of state for a few weeks at the time. She later told me that her niece was going to do it for her as a gift. I think I'm glad that the niece decided to do it cuz this lady is very picky & I think she would have wanted the $390 album for her $200. This is why I (so far) have only done albums for me & for gifts.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is an interesting topic. I was in my LSS 2 week ago and there was a lot of pages on the scrap table and I asked if I could look at them. The lady said she was doing it for someone for her dd graduation gift. They were plain the pictures were matted and she said she was charging $10.00 a page ( I thought it was a lot the way it looked) She said it was going to be $300. and she didn't have all the pictures the mom was coming by all the time to check it out.

Well now I see she's getting a deal. I won't be doing an album for any one!! I want it to look like the $390. but couldn't charge them that. LOL.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made an 8x8 album for my friend's baby and it took some time preparing for that album. I must say, i loved the end result but i couldn't charge for donig a book.

My brother/sister have seen some of the pages i've done, and they tell me i should sell some pages. My answer to them was, "I do it now b/c i love it. If i do it to make money, it would become stressful and a chore. I would most likely not SBing anymore. And i don't want that." LOL They get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Val, I so agree with you. The ones around here that I know who charge do fantastic pages & get fantastic prices. I just don't think I could do that. I did one for my church's 90th anniversary a few yrs ago & all I charged was for materials. I just couldn't see making money off something for church even though I know a lot of people do.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13