Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came across a good idea that if your handwriting is not the best for journaling below pictures, etc., that you can use transparencies through your printer using whatever font you want for journaling, and then you cut them down to the size you want.

I think this is a great idea, but I'm not sure what adhesive to use that you won't see as the transparency is, of course clear and see through. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Dawn
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came across a good idea that if your handwriting is not the best for journaling below pictures, etc., that you can use transparencies through your printer using whatever font you want for journaling, and then you cut them down to the size you want.

I think this is a great idea, but I'm not sure what adhesive to use that you won't see as the transparency is, of course clear and see through. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Dawn
    Dawn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i have a couple of suggestions...

1) Not adhesive but you could use brads, eyelets or any other hardware to keep your kewl journaling down.

2) After you cut out what you need you could frame it. Make sure the frame is slightly bigger than your transparency and then glue the transparency to the frame and you could use the frame to adhere it to your page... (clear as mud?)

HTH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What type of glue would you use -
    Dawn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you could use your tape runner that you have, especially if you're going to frame it.

There's also some glue that dries clear. . I can't think off the top of my head what brand they are, but i'll let you know when i remember..

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

what about using vellum adhesive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run my tranparencies through the Xyron and then adhere. I have also used spray adhevsive. Recently I have seen people use permanent marker on the back of the tranparency and then adhere and that might be a good way to hide the adhesive. Also brads and eyelets are a great alternative.

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the glue is going to be where it doesn't show, like on the frame mentioned above, you can use any good scrapbook adhesive. I've used my regular tape runner before & it works fine. Stick glue might not work too good though. Scotch brand has a good vellum adhesive that doesn't show through the vellum. I haven't tried it on transparencys though so I don't know if that would work or not. I have also used brads & eyelets to attach these items. I really like the look of those.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13