Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love to go camping! I like to try different recipes when we go, and would love to hear some of the camping recipes you all have!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a banana and peel of just one piece, on top. Scoop out a little bit of the banana. Put in some mini marshmellows and mini chocolate chips. Wrap in foil and put over the fire for just a minute or two. YUMMY! You can make biscuits (you know the kind in that tube that you peel the paper and then it pops open and scares the bejeebies out of me!) in a cast iron skillet over a fire. We totally cheat when we go camping. Everyone has grills, and we eat pancakes, french toast, omelets, hamburgers, hot dogs, beans, pretty much anything.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does sound yummy!! Im gonna note that in my journal!

We have cooked biscuits, but we melted butter with cinnamon and sugar in a pot and the kids cooked the biscuits on a stick held high over the fire (like marshmallows) then dipped in the butter mix!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not too sure if this will work, since it asks for boiling water... but here ya go anyway..

ZIPLOC OMELET
    (This works great !!! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!!)
    Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.
    Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
    Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
    Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
    Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.
    Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.
    Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and a great conversation piece.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were incharge of our church Royal Ranger and Missionettes (like boy scouts and girl scouts) Well believe you me they had to make their own meal... Now the kids complained "I don't like this or that" I said add it any way and you don't have to eat it. They usually ate it all and loved it.

If using wood start at least 1/2 hour (or hour) before cooking get real hot coals Charcoal not so long -depending on how many you are cooking for.

Ingederiants

sliced margarine
    sliced onions
    Hamburger patties
    carrotts (we used baby ones whole)
    sliced potatoes

salt
    peper
    season all

Heavy duty foil
    layer as above
    season as you like
    Fold foil I pull long sides together and roll
    than roll ends and fold in.

Can mark names with a permant marker
    lay on hot coals and cook for 15 min.

Can eat as a hamburger steak or on bun.

My kids are grown ups now but when we go camping they still want this meal at least once.

As far as biscuts... we always covered a heavy duty box with heavy duty aluminum foil and put in extra sides and top and bottom. Have lid be a flap covered. Heavy gage wire goes through the sides and fold down and tape with duct tape. Tape all foil edges.

Heat charcoal till white.
    While these are heating get biscuts ready
    melt butter
    mix cinnamon and sugar together
    roll biscuts in butter and roll in cinnamon
    place in cake pan
    Put 6 coals in an old cake pan. Put in bottom of box and one pan of biscuts in top on wire.
    Close box good (prop if you have to) DON'T open it for 15 minutes. If you cook another batch may need to add more coals.

Every one loves these. Can't believe that you cook them in a box.!! You can also cook the small coblers like this.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taffy, in theory that works. We did it at one of our campouts because one of the requirments was for the kids to cook a meal. Well, you have to make sure that bag stays off the side of the pan or it starts to melt. It also took a LONG time. A whole lot longer that you would expect some eggs, lol.

Someone tonight told me about this site and I just checked it out: www.familyfun.com. Type in camping recipes in the search bar and you'll get a few neat ones.
    Cindy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had these at a Girl Scout camping trip.

Slice plain dounuts in half, top each with a slice of pineapple, Sprinkel with brown sugar. Wrap in ali=uminum foil and place on camp stove,or over fire for a few minutes to warm throught. Can be served with cool whip on if you want to get fancy.

Delicious!!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool ideas everyone, thank you!! Cindy, thanks for the website!!

We were planning to go to our favorite site on Fathers day, but it is burning in a fire as of yesterday , sparked from lightning! We are going to head to a different part of NM instead!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the site . But I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite (to this day) was a frog in the hole. We made them on buddy burners on camp-outs with Camp Fire Girls. (A gallon tin can over sterno) but they are delicious in a regular frying pan.
    Two strips of bacon - fry on one side - while you are waiting - you get hungary so you eat a hole out of a piece of bread. Turn bacon, lay bread on top. crack egg inside hole. When bacon is done on other side, flip and continue cooking.
    Making me want one! lol Janelle
    HAPPY SCRAPPIN'
    Janelle
    http://scrappinscrawcrow.blogspot.com/
    2010: 206 pages - 124 nns; 45 cards - 41 nns
    nns: No new scraps!
    4 best purchases: my lightbox, my Crop-a-dile, ATG, and my Sit-On-Top kayak!