Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SB Retreats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever attended any of the SB retreats in the SC, NC, VA area? I'm interested in them, but I need an evaluation. I'm listing the web sites below in case anyone wants to check them out. The cost is more reasonable than the big guys.

www.oohlalacropandcraft.com

www.scrappingretreats.com

www.scrapnthecarolinas.com

www.blueridgecraftersretreat.com
    I had trouble with this site, could not get into it.

www.scrapinsociety.com
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever attended any of the SB retreats in the SC, NC, VA area? I'm interested in them, but I need an evaluation. I'm listing the web sites below in case anyone wants to check them out. The cost is more reasonable than the big guys.

www.oohlalacropandcraft.com

www.scrappingretreats.com

www.scrapnthecarolinas.com

www.blueridgecraftersretreat.com
    I had trouble with this site, could not get into it.

www.scrapinsociety.com
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judith,
    I don't live in those states, but here we have a LSS that has one 2 times a year. Everyone seems to really like it and have a wonderful time. They play some of the coolest games, have a PJ crop, lots of cool things go on. Hope you get to go to one!!!! Have fun for me if you go!!!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Judith,

Some friends did a scrapn'thecarolinas (spelling?) one in Asheboro NC and they said it was fun but they didn't like the food at that particular place. We are considering going to the one in January at Seabrook. SDV is the one I really like. http://www.dreameventsinc.com/ they have one in Raleigh usually the end of June, Myrtle Beach in Nov (which we may go to if we don't do the Seabrook one), Newport News I think it is coming up soon, and Kingsport TN off the top of my head in our area. I'll let you know which one we decide to go to. Diane

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, here are some things to consider when making a choice: (1) how much table space do you get? I would not do less than half a 6' table with room around it to put your stuff (2) how is the lighting in the room or can you bring your own lights (3) what tools do they have available for general use (4) are there vendors or products for sale, you always "need" something and it is fun to shop (5) are there any prizes. With SDV you get one trip to their treasure chest (filled with various embellies) included in your fee, and they have 2 drawings for a total of 6 prizes and they are really good ones. They have several vendors, always include a stamping and/or Creative Memories rep, and usually some sort of clothes for scrapbookers. The table space and space around your spot is always adequate. You can crop around the clock, the room is always open with somebody in there. The sleeping rooms and hotels are usually very nice. I always get a ton done, and I have always enjoyed the food. I have been to a total of 4 now, 2 in Raleigh, one in Virginia Beach (they don't do that one any more) and most recently in May to Kingsport TN. No matter what you do, if you go with a friend and plan to have fun, you will. Diane

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this on YouTube, Legacy House Retreat Very cool!! Check it out.

YouTube:
    Cropical Paradise

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think these places are near you, but i just thought i'd post the YouTube retreats for ya.. 1)b/c it's KEWL that you find ANYTHING on youtube! 2)Gives you and hopefully, others (like me) an idea of what a retreat is like!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend and I are looking at SDV in Myrtle Bch. We probably would not stay at the hotel as she has a friend who has a condo we could use. That would keep some of the costs down. The Valle Cruces retreat on the websites I posted is only about 60 miles from me, and the costs are very reasonable. So it is also under consideration. I was just interested in finding out if anyone had participated with the group.
    Judith

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judith I remember seeing that Valle Cruces retreat and wanted to go just because of where it is - I love that area. After my dau graduated fm ASU and moved away, I don't get to go up very often :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounded real good. Check out the web site. The area there is beautiful. I love our mountains.
    Judith