Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muffin Top

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ladies, I have a muffin top. You know, the pudge that comes over the top of your pants. I'd like to lose it. Afterall, my last baby was 4 years ago! Other than sit ups, anyone know any exercises I can do that would help?
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never heard it called that. funny. i have one too. I saw photos of you there is not much to you. I dont have any ideas i have tried eating better. ok for only a week now but its not as hard as i thought it would. but if someone has any ideas let me know. My hubby say just workout. I am lazy...
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh darn trying to remember what RacheL Ray epidsode that was. She had someone on talking about exercise and ab stuff. First since it's fat you need to do cardio to lose it. The crunches and stuff will tone the muscle underneath but without the cardio you won't see it.

Do your kids have a PS2? About a year ago I felt I needed to lose weight. I did join curves but inbetween going to there I bought a cheepo dance pad and the Dance Dance Revolution Games. There was also a Yourself Fitness thing but I didn't use it as much because I had a lot of fun with the Dancing Game. However that Yourself Fitness is awsome. If you've ever tried videos it's a lot like that but you can stop it and there's a mode where you can watch the movement being done at all different angles so you can figure out the movement before they go onto the next one!!

ok I'm going on forever it seems I'll ttyl

Ziggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting but fun idea Ziggy. And you wouldn't believe all the video game systems hubby has. I'm kinda not liking the idea of cardio though, lol.
    Cindy

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In another place we are doing a weekly weight challenge where you get points to do certain things. Just to help keep you focused. But, honestly it's all about eating right and incorporating exercise into your diet. The best form of exercise according to my doctor is walking. It's low impact and as you get used to walking a mile you can increase and walk a mile and a half.

Cooking is a biggie too - I bake or grill all of my foods. On a funny note - my hubby bought me a grill master award last year. My entire meal from veggies to meat was cooked on the grill last summer! In the winter months I use the George Foreman countertop grill! If you use butter - find a substitue you will be surprised what happens when you eliminate butter out of your diet! In the South - we use a lot of butter - well not anymore. I normally use a butter spray and add that at the table. It works well and that one simple thing - is a start!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually do already bake most of my meat. It is very rarely fried. I don't have a grill yet, but I'm sure hubby will buy one soon since the weather is going to be warming up.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know with kids this is probably hard bue I did go walking, there was a mile track outside I'd walk and if it was raining I'd walk the mall. I think most malls have mall walkers programs mind you I was the youngest person I saw walking circles most people looked to be Seniors.

I would also park in the very, very back of whereever I was shopping at and if I had the time and used a cart I'd walk it all the way back!

You just need to find a fun cardio. I couldn't stand it if the only cardio was step areobics!

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh nother thought. Find yourself a pedometer. They are pretty easy to use as long as you wear pants or shorts they sit right on your waist. Use it for a week just to see how many steps you are taking and then try to increase it by 500 steps for each day for one week then the next week try to increase and so on. I had set up an excell spread sheet to help me. That's one reason I started heeding the tip to park all the way in the back. I also took one item at a time to hang up or put away in the closet when I did laundry so I'd get the steps in :-P It's amazing what crazy walking stuff you can come up with.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the grocery store and was a good girl. I did not buy any soda. Period. That used to be all I would drink. I've been not so lazy and making tea and kool-aid. I know it's not as good as water but our water doesn't taste good and I need to use food money more efficiently that overpriced bottles of water.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to Walmart or probably the supermarkets have their own brand of that crystal light stuff. It's flavoring for bottled or regular water and it's pretty good.

Also, Prevention Magazine is a great mag to get. It's only 3 bux I bought one the other day and started reading it again. I think their walking program is in this issue. They'll have good walking things to do besides their marathon I tried the marathon I just didn't have the time to walk it in the end!! It was taking hours to walk that much and I was losing daylight if I walked outside but I didn't want to walk that much on a treadmill in one spot. Granted I think one LOTR Extended edition would have gotten me through it :-P

Ziggy