Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally off scrapbooking, but I need to figure out how to copy a large file to multiple floppy disks. I know it can be done because I have a disk marked "disk 2" but for the life of me I can't remember how I did it. My laptop doesn't burn CD or have a Zip drive so am stuck with floppies.
    Help!!!
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you start copying, it should tell you when the 1st floppy is full and to insert a 2nd floppy etc. Try it, you don't lose the original until you delete it from your hard drive. Let me know if this works. It's been a long time since I worked with floppies.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All it says is that there is not enough room on this disk. Does not give me the option of inserting second one. Seems like you had to tell it beforehand that it would require multiple disks but I can't remember how.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sprout, you have to do a BACKUP that would give you the option to use multiple disks.
    Are you running Windows? what version are you running? i can try to walk you through it.

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carol,
    Does yorr laptop have a USB port? If so try using a flash drive, they are easier and hold more than floppies. you can get them for about $15 or less check the capacity, ask people at office max, office depot, best buy etc. they will help.
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My laptop does have a USB port but I don't have a flash drive. Probably need to get one but don't use the laptop all that much anymore I don't know. Anyhow, I found an old floppy that had zip file on it and was able to open and get the info transferred. Forgot about doing a backup, was trying to "save as". Thanks for the help.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat