Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balloon Roses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm posting this for all to see.. perhaps it may benefit others who would like to TRY make this Rose. Diana and I discussed this today and I am going to attempt to give some instructions on making what is called the BALLOON ROSE.. I don't think this is going to be an easy task for me because I'm really much better at showing than telling.
    In the Floral Paper Sculpture world there are different ways of moulding the shapes to make them look realistic.. one such way is giving them SPOON CHARACTER. This particular character is mainly only ever used in making this Rose..

Diana.. Here are two cards that I made many many moons ago.. as I said to you.. I'm sure I've posted them here before but for this purpose I'll post them again here.. it will help as I explain bits and pieces as we make it..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and the second one.. as you can see.. the top one has a dark centre and these two don't.. I added a dark centre to see how it would look and it looked better than the photo portrays.. but you have to remember.. these were done so long ago.. I think it's been about three years since I made them!
    You really have me fired up now.. I can see me making balloon roses very soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now.. I'll also put the Spoon Character details here so that it's all together in one place as we discuss the making of these roses... I'm going to be referring to this character quite a bit.. Oh such fun fun fun (NOT) (stamps fee) "I want my own PLANE!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shapes needed to make the rose are...

20 large Balloons
    5 large Hearts
    plus Large Birch leaves or any other leaves that look good.. you can even cut your own.

I'll be organising with Diana or Janelle to pass on a copy of the pattern to any one who wants to have a go at this rose.. I just have to ask them first

Check back in CLASSES for where I put all the different FPS CHARACTERS-SHAPINGS ... to make this rose you will use...
    Half Moon character
    Curling character
    Spoon character
    and Wrap around Character..
    Yes.. this one is not for the 'faint hearted' (laugh) but it's not as hard as it looks or sounds... remember.. you can use any old scraps of paper to have a go.. even a Hungry Jacks Placemat (LAUGH)

I'll be adding to this post....

Love Angie

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love the instructions on this one too! I'm still working on the other rose but this one is pretty too!
    Thanks in advance!
    Bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay Angie I will practice this today! Thanks for doing this.

Diana
    Diana

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diana, did you find your balloon punch? If so where?

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diana or Janelle, or whoever has the pattern, I would love to have a copy.

They are beautiful Angie.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been giving quite a bit of thought to these roses over the last few days and given much thought to the fact that I haven't made one of these for a few years now.. THAT'S TERRIBLE.. so this weekend I'm gonna make a new one.. I can tell you all one thing.. I'm really gonna have to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS I'll let you know how I go.

love Angie

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angie,
    I have no doubt that it'll go great for you! Can't wait to see your results! Let me know when the instructions are available! Have fun! Bonnie