Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: crop challenges

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone,

I am in need of ideas for crop challenges. I will be helping to organize a 72 hour online crop, and a week long online crop in October.
    I need a lot of ideas. Anything can help.

Thanks!
    poohdivams
    samantha

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone,

I am in need of ideas for crop challenges. I will be helping to organize a 72 hour online crop, and a week long online crop in October.
    I need a lot of ideas. Anything can help.

Thanks!
    poohdivams
    samantha

how do you do an online crop? is it just like a tech support help thing to get people motivated? never heard of it before.

thanks betty

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An online crop is usually hosted in a forum. There are usually a number of challenges posted. Each challenge as "hostess for the challenge" they will offer a prize for participating and winning in the prize. All challenges are posted the day of the crop by a certain time. All participants are required to upload either scans, digital photos, or digital scrapbooking into the gallery by the end time. Then they hold a poll, and everyone votes on each challenge. Once winners are choosen they get together with the host online or by email to get shipping addresses.

I just participated in one in July 2006. It was my first. I got a lot of stuff done. One it motivates you to be creative, to it helps you get caught up, and three it just fun. I didn't have to leave my house to participate. I could still spend time with family as I worked on my layouts.
    samantha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about posting idea sketches for layouts and cards? Making a layout with only two or three colors total? Making a layout with a certain number of things~ say, five eyelets/brads, or a certain length of ribbon? A layout with no pictures? Are you going to have people take pictures of the challenges and post it so you can pick a winner? Not really understanding quite how an online crop works. If you could remind us when it's closer, maybe we could participate and learn!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Once, a participant has completed their layout or card they take a digital photo of them. Then they upload it to a gallery for everyone to view. At the end of the crop, the hostess puts a poll up in the forum. Everyone votes on their favorite for that particular prize. Once, a winner is choosen the hostess and the winner exchange mailing addresses. The prize is sent out after that.

You can go to www.scrapbookdesigning.com to see the poll in the forum for the next one being planned.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another idea. We did this at the crop I went to yesterday. Bingo! You make a bingo card and fill all of the squares with scrapping related things. Like, use fiber. Use ribbon. Use a template. Use a die cutter or punch. It was fun, and got you to really try to do something you might not have done before.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a bingo game set the last time. We had a very low turn out. This time though we are having a more interest. We issue a list to all those that are interested they pick 25 words for the game and every few hours we call them out.

It was suppose to be fun. Though we did not get to play it.
    samantha

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a member of another online community. We have VSBN (Virtual Scrapbook Night). If you still need ideas or more information for your events JLMK...HTH HUGS, Tracy

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be great!!
    samantha