Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical ???!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My DD has got me worried! She has started to have spasm/seizures that has become worse. Sometimes, she'll get them in 15 minute intervals and last anywhere from 30 seconds to a 1 1/2 minutes. Her left side of her mouth starts drooping, her eyes flutter, her face twitches but she is somewhat responsive during these spasms. When these first started a couple of days ago, it looked like she was trying to hold back a sneeze. She has these even when she's asleep.

We took her to the ER last night (at 1:00 AM New Year's Eve). All they could do was a CAT scan and that turned out normal - no tumors and "no scary stuff" (according to the doctor). So now we have to wait till tomorrow to see her regular doctor to get other tests ordered. I really wish I had some clue to what's going on. Anyone have any ideas???

She was discharged at about 4 this morning and someone had clipped off our passenger side rearview mirror while we were in the ER with her. Like we weren't going through enough.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my goodness! I hope your Daughter will be ok. You will be in my thoughts.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard of this happening to people and it not being a major issue, but can't off the top of my head think of more than one reason. Right on the video game paperwork it says 1 in 4000 people can experience seizures induced by the flashing lights in a video game. Even if that person has never had a seziure before. I know it's a worry, and I'll say a prayer for your daughter and you. Try to keep in mind though that they did rule out serious health issues and released her. If there was any fear of lasting damage or increased seriousness I would think they would have admitted her. Please let us know what her regular dr finds out. One last thought I had, I wonder if extreme stress could bring this on? Is she under any?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh lulu, i'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your daughter. I will keep her in my prayers. Plese let us know how she is doing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the well wishes. They really help. My DD doesn't play video games so that's not the problem. She seems to be getting better today. My DH has been giving her ibrupropen sporadically for her cold so I'm thinking maybe we got a bad batch or that she's having an allergic reation. That's my hope anyways. I hate that this has happened on a holiday. Waiting to talk to the Dr. is just the worse.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had fever seizures until i was four - does she have fever ?
    My treasures do not ching together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night." - Arabian Proverb~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lulu, sending prayers your way. It's bad when we are sick, but terrifying when it is one of our children. Keep us posted on what they determine is her cause. I'm hoping for a simple resolution with no lasting effects.
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lulu, sending prayers to your family. I would stop giving her all medications (unless it's an RX) and see if that helps. It could very well be some type of reaction to the cold medication. Please let us know what you find out.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)