Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is not scrapbook related, but since my children are grown (20 and 23) and nieces/nephews are older (youngest in 6th grade), I don't have a clue for a gift.

PROBLEM: We have been invited to a b-day party this weekend for a neighbor's little boy turning 1. I don't have any idea of what to get since it has been quite a long time of buying gifts for little ones.

<span class="ev_code_RED">HELP PLEASE </span>Any suggestions would be appreciated! (can be educational or a fun toy, just need some good ideas and suggestions - or do you think clothes).

Or if you have a little one, what was one of your favorite gifts they had received.

THANKS MUCH EVERYONE!
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is not scrapbook related, but since my children are grown (20 and 23) and nieces/nephews are older (youngest in 6th grade), I don't have a clue for a gift.

PROBLEM: We have been invited to a b-day party this weekend for a neighbor's little boy turning 1. I don't have any idea of what to get since it has been quite a long time of buying gifts for little ones.

<span class="ev_code_RED">HELP PLEASE </span>Any suggestions would be appreciated! (can be educational or a fun toy, just need some good ideas and suggestions - or do you think clothes).

Or if you have a little one, what was one of your favorite gifts they had received.

THANKS MUCH EVERYONE!
    Dawn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think any type of noise making toys are good - but i'm usually fond of giving books -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Books, yea, that's great. With flaps are good at our house.

Also, if you go to the Wal Mart Web site, they recommend things by age. My aunt buys their top seller every year and it's always a hit with my children.

We love Baby Einstein videos still. The Old McDonald one is really good and babies through toddlers love it. That's the only way I got to shower when mine were tiny.

Good luck.

Laura
    "Thank ewe, thank you so much." Brenda Lee Johnson, The Closer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you're here I assume you are a scrapper. How about an ABC or 123 book about the little guy or his family?

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard back books, a nice winter outfit since the season is coming, sippy cups, go down the Fisher Price aisles they've got LOTS of great toys that are appropriate for a one year old and will last him a long time.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As most kids get too many toys, I always go for clothes or books, the interactive type with touch and feel or flaps to lift, or even task oriented like zipper, buttons, etc. My DGS loved an active playmat with sqeeky things, rattles, mirrors etc on it at about that age.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think about what you could do, if you have time, to make him something like the ABC book that was mentioned, or a scrapbook or something. He is at the age that he will get so much other stuff that he won't miss the fact he can't play with it and someday will be very proud of it.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always giving books. Personally, I think it is so important for parents and children to read together. And if you want to stretch your dollar, try the Dollar Store. The one near me usually has some pretty good books.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't mention a price, but here are the things I'd look at for a 1 yr boy.

Building things...mega blocks.. in either the 'tool' chest or truck if they still make those

Cars/Trucks...the big preschool ones that are easy to handle with small hands..little boys can never get too many toys

puzzles