Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think of the Sizzix Big Kick? How is it different from the Cuttlebug? I don't see a big difference..

I love my Sizzix but after seeing SIL's cuttlebug and the ease of it.. i'm thinking of selling my machine and possibly getting a Big kick or a Cuttlebug. Although,

Does the Cuttlebug/Big Kick cut chipboards? Is it as versatile as the Sizzix?

Thanks for your help

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think of the Sizzix Big Kick? How is it different from the Cuttlebug? I don't see a big difference..

I love my Sizzix but after seeing SIL's cuttlebug and the ease of it.. i'm thinking of selling my machine and possibly getting a Big kick or a Cuttlebug. Although,

Does the Cuttlebug/Big Kick cut chipboards? Is it as versatile as the Sizzix?

Thanks for your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any of the three your talking about, I have, however, had my eye on the cuttlebug.....as if I need more...lol
    Come visit my blog.... Highlandeyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would check and see how large the platforms are and get the one that takes the largest dies. That way you can use all the other ones in it. Like with the regular Sizzix you can't use the Big Kick dies or Cuttlebug dies because the platform is too narrow. I would get the biggest one for flexibility.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taffy, I don't think my Cuttlebug cuts chipboard. I went with it since I learned that they were discontinuing most of the Sizzix but one. I don't know anything about the Big Kick. Does it have the embossing feature? That is another thing I like about my Cuttlebug. Of course if everything is interchangeable, I don't see what it matters which one you have. Now that I have the CuttleBug and the Cricut, my DH says no more buying, just scrapping, but he doesn't know about all the dies and folders I 'need'! HeHeHe!
    Judith

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Big Shot which is just like the Big Kick only different color. It takes the bigger dies and can do the extended long dies,small sizzlets,embossing AND it can use Quick Cuts and Cuttlebug dies. It's 6" wide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just go on the website of each manufacturer and compare the two.
    As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is some comparison to the 2 you are interested in.

Sizzix Big Kick and the Cuttlebug by ProvoCraft
    (This information comes from the manufacturers)

From Ellison's own words - "The Big Kick is the SAME machine as the Big Shot accept it is a different colour (white and red). It comes with a NEW all-in-one platform so the consumer will be able to use all competitors dies with it".

The Cuttlebug by Provo Craft will also be as versatile. It will also cut all dies on the market. It has the added benefit of being smaller and lighter than the Big Shot/ Big Kick, while still being able to take A5 cardstock. It is also much easier to store as the cutting platform folds inwards.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I have a BigShot, a Sizzix, and a SideKick. My BigShot cuts chipboard without any problem. The BigKick is the same machine so it should also be able to cut chipboard.

"I love my Sizzix but after seeing SIL's cuttlebug and the ease of it.. i'm thinking of selling my machine and possibly getting a Big kick or a Cuttlebug".

I personally will never give up my SIZZIX. I still prefer to cut heavier materials in the SIZZIX machine not to mention you can do things with the SIZZIX like flatten bottle caps and such because of the downward cutting motion. Something your BigShot or BigKick cannot do. And as much as I love my BigShot I am a little leary of a rolling mechanism. The SIZZIX is a much sturdier machine and frankly when push comes to shove I have a feeling my SIZZIX machine will outlast the BigShot or BigKick down the line. Just my opinion.
    "Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure the Cuttlebug will cut chipboard- just not really thick chipboard.
    I'm going broke saving money on scrapbooking supplies!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your suggestions/opinions! it's much appreciated