Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Cricut

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone care to post some ups and downs for the Cricut?

I will start with mine. It seems that when I use the cricut it freezes up on me. This happened to me 3 times in one night. I guess that it was like the equivelant of a PC freezing. Wierd I know, but dperessing when you are trying to multi-task and am counting on the finished product being there when you need it.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone care to post some ups and downs for the Cricut?

I will start with mine. It seems that when I use the cricut it freezes up on me. This happened to me 3 times in one night. I guess that it was like the equivelant of a PC freezing. Wierd I know, but dperessing when you are trying to multi-task and am counting on the finished product being there when you need it.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a cricut on back order from QVC but after having seen it demonstrated at Michaels I m not sure I want to buy it. The demo was not impressive, the cuts weren t clean and now I m hearing it freezes up on you. I m thinking of canceling my order and waiting awhile to order one. I do like the fact that if you order from the Q that you get two cartridges instead of just one. Sherry

Hi Sherry,

You get two cartridges if you buy it off QVC? how much is the price and different? This week Michaels has them for $249.99. I want one so bad, I need to reg. on this site so my post will count.... maybe if you wait a while they will get cheaper and they will work out all the kinks. I think it matters on the paper to get a clean cut I saw it work on cardstock and it looked like it was white around the edges but I saw it work on printed paper and it looked great. I hope it is as great as it price.

I did not know that the Q had that deal going on. The price does scare me if I cannot win it here or get it on sale. I wouldn't worry about the freezing up stuff, even my iPod freezes up every once in a while.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this will be a great addition to my scrapbooking stuff. That is only if I win it.... I mean right now I don't have the cash but I am tring to fit it in my budget. I totally agree on the freezng up issue, everthing does once and a while if it still happens take it back its still a new item it has only been out what less then a month. They shouldn't have a problem with returning it. Good luck with it. I can't wait to get one of my own.

I've seen people demonstrate it and I thought I wanted one, but my budget won't let me buy it now. I'm not so sure after reading about your problems with it, if I want one now. I would have to get one and play around with it and see how I liked it. Then if it didn't work well, sell it or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure whether I would buy this one since I really want the Wishblade. I think this might be nice to take to a crop. But then again I would have to have a seat next to an outlet to use it and what are the chances I would be assigned that.

Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Cricut. It is so easy to use, and fast. I don't have any problems with it freezing up. The one down fall that i have forund is because the cutting mat is stick to hold the paper in place once you get the letters and the paper off it had a slight curl to it. I mean if thats the worst then so be it. I love the thing I have printed thing off for my friend and mailed her so much stuff just because its cheaper to do that then have her buy die-cut letters.... have if I spent the money I should help others out and save them a few dollars.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some questions. I haven't seen a demo so bear with me, please. I heard that the mat is sticky...but does it get scratched like sizzix? Do you think once the stickiness wears out you could just apply repositionable adhesive on the back of the paper you are cutting?

There always seems to be some part of these cutters that have to be replaced, like my sidekicks acrylic thingees. Wonder what the wishblade has that is replaceable?