Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a military wife, and I just found a site that has so much military stuff no matter what branch you are http://memoriesinuniform.com it has a mix of poetry and service hymns for your pages under Resources. another site I found was http://americancroppers.com/store/em...page=4&sort=2a this site is Military and Patroitic, if you were looking for any 4 of July items. Just thought I would post if any one was looking.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Thanks for those sites. My better half is in the Army is currently deployed to Iraq. I have been trying to put a book together showing what the kids have been doing since he left. He will be gone a little over one year come July and he has missed so much of our baby's life. I miss him so much.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronnie, I feel your pain. Two years ago my husband was on deployment and I thought I would go nuts. I was sure to take pictures of everything we did and I made him an album called "While You Were Out" On each page I started the journaling with this phrase and told him all the fun things we did to keep busy. I also included lyrics to songs that reminded me of him and some of the news clippings from the activities overseas. It was theraputic for me and I think he enjoyed seeing it when he came home.
    Sherry

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL...does Military Mom count? I'm an ex Military wife..my ex spent 20 yrs in the Army so I can related to all your moves you have to make. I currently have a son deployed in Afghanistan. And another one who just returned the beginning of the year from his deployment to Iraq. My ex was in during VN and had a tour to Korea so I know how hard it is on the families left behind. Hang in there!

Carolyn