Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone..

I wonder if you would like to take on a challenge with me. This is not one of my flowers.. well not specifically but 'could' end up with one or two... anyway.. let me tell you what I was asked to do. There were in fact two things but let's just stick to the first...

I am asked to make a baby's bib.. this can then be put on the front of a card or on a scrapbook page.... here's is what was asked exactly....

"Angie.. we would like to see how you would make a baby's bib. One that can be put on a card or on a SB layout. In making this you can use only supplies you have on hand except for 'themed baby stickers' [Peel offs are ok]. When completed could you please explain the techniques you used. You can get the pattern for the bib off the net or make it up yourself. Good luck"

Well.. this has got my interest.. If any of you would like to have a go at this it would be really interesting to see what we come up with. It's a bit like a challenge once where a few of my friends were given $20 to spend in a particular craft shop (we weren't really given the money but just told that was the limit).. we then all met together afterwards to say what we got for our money.. most interesting. What we make here on SAS stays here.. I for one will not show anyone else.. only my own work. I think this can be a real learning excercise in making embellishments from the tools we have instead of running out and buying stickers and the like. I can use any cardstock, paper, ribbons, laces, punchies... anything like that.

Please.. don't feel obliged to take part in this with me but I thought it might be fun to see what we come up with... we're all so different. Do you want to have a go? Let's give ourselves (thinks) say two weeks to see what we come up with... that'll give those who are busy a chance to take part if they want. I'll have some ideas to post in one week.

Any questions... ask away.

love, Angie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angie this sure does sound interesting I will have to give this some thought. Thanks for telling us about this.

Diana
    Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL hmmm you mean I have to put down Cross-stitch and work with paper! Actually my first idea was of the cross-stitch bibs I've done and seeing what I can do with paper to make the same type design I'll see if I can clean off some space and work on a swap, this and my cousin's life book

Ziggy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can it be digital done.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds interesting Angie - Have to see if I can make time for it.
    Lynn

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angie,
    Sounds like fun, I'm is for this challenge.
    see what we can come up with.
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh good good good.. I don't care how you do it. One done with or representing cross stitch sounds good.. Even to do one digitally would be ok... but probably preferable to do it out of paper etc.. because that way you can utilise your tools etc. Hey.. this has got me more excited than I was.. oh.. by the way.. no one said to make only ONE (LAUGH) I know I'll do more than one.. my head is spinning with ideas that I'm sure wont fit on one bib

thanks for the enthusiasm..

love ya all... Angie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds interesting, and since I'll need a baby card for a friend in a few weeks I'm in!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could use a baby card right now. My neice just had her first one this week. She's a couple of hours away and I can't stand it that I can't get my hands on her.
    Lynn

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Challenge? Well that gives me an excuse to play instead of clean house right???!!!

Basic directions are:
    Cut out circle approximately 4 1/2" across. Punch around circle (my bib ended up about 3 1/2" across after punching the edges). Used a 1 3/8" circle for neck opening.

I just bought this Winnie the Pooh punch so now can make use of it! Punched out once then punched out with a circle punch. Punched Winnie again and cut it out and popped him up on top of the other one.

Added little flowers and leaves along with marker made light stitching lines around the edges. Glued on ribbon for the tie. Attached to card!

That was fun and maybe will get a chance to try another!

Thanks for the challenge Angie...and getting me out of housework!!!

Patti Jo