Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cricut USB port

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that in the fall Cricut will have software for sale that will enable you to weld letters together (among other things) and that there will be a trial version of the software available. I need to find out more details on this, but it sounds great.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that in the fall Cricut will have software for sale that will enable you to weld letters together (among other things) and that there will be a trial version of the software available. I need to find out more details on this, but it sounds great.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW!!! finally!! the most awaited for usb cable!! LOL Hmmm i wonder how i can be one of the person to do a trial-n-error test? LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do it too, if it's not too expensive! I looked on the cricut website but I didn't see anything about it.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a thread on the Cricut message board. I figured someone over there would know something.

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/t...896880&mpage=1

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's a snip-it

IT'S WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITNG FOR!!
    At CHA Summer in Chicago 2007 we are previewing our new CRICUT DESIGNSTUDIO (USB technology)

Cricut DesignStudio is a new software program that allows you to explore, design, and cut your own customized Cricut designs.
    Cricut DesignStudio is a natural add-on to any Cricut machine or cartridge sale. It allows you to explore the font and shape sets in the cartridge collection.

Cricut DesignStudio opens the door to undiscovered Cricut possibilities with the simple click of a mouse. This exciting software is a welcome addition to the trusted Cricut brand. It is easy to install and use and allows you a fun new way to explore your creativity. Using an onscreen cutting mat, you can create your own unique mat layout. What you see on your computer screen is what the Cricut machine cuts.

Cricut DesignStudio allows users to explore and create cutting designs using any of the thousands of letters, shapes, and phrases found in the Cricut cartridge library. Using keywords, customers can quickly find what they’re looking for. This gives customers hands-on experience with all of the Cricut cartridge content before purchasing or cutting.
    This innovative software brings the Cricut designs to your own craft studio, letting you transform cutting layouts by reorganizing, rotating, resizing, skewing, and welding the letters, shapes, and phrases found on any of the Cricut cartridges. Layouts can be easily saved and shared with friends.

Provo Craft Cricut DesignStudio allows you to select your cutting options directly within the program. To cut your designs, simply insert the Cricut cartridge(s) into their machine and press cut. It’s that easy!
    Provo Craft will be providing the Cricut DesignStudio software in a special bonus pack. This includes a specially designed 10-foot Cricut connection cable, a cricut mouse pad, and a Getting Started guide.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! That sounds great. It must be their answer to the Wishblade. Glad they got an answer. Just hope the pkg isn't too expensive.
    Judith

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok the way I read it is any design from a cartridge can be saved etc. So it doesn't sound like you can use any thing from the internet or font. But... I'm sure someone will find a way around that.

This is good news any way because they have been saying from the start that the usb would only be for repairs...

I also saw a new cutter that will cut 12x12 .... It says like a professional... cut craft foam, flexiable chipboard, vinyl. etc. check it out... It does cost more...
    http://www.thescrappinpath.com/servl...ry=Scrap+Savvy

I'm in love with my wish blade... just need more time to play with it....LOL.
    Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're supposed to be able to mix features from different cartridges, too.
    That new cutter is $899! That's crazy.
    Anyway, I'm in love with my Cricut Expression so I won't be buying any other machines (for now), but I'll def. buy this software if it's reasonable. I think less than $100 would be okay. Actually, they should just send it to everyone who has a cricut and then package it with the machines , but I'm sure they want to make as much money on it as they can.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is just the regular Cricut and I really like it. But, I bought what I could afford. Right now it does everything I want it to.
    Judith