Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yo-Yo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've given up dieting because I'm such a yo-yo with it. You know, lose 10, gain 20; lose 20, gain 30. I've done that for years & every time I lose I always gain back more than I've lost. A number of yrs ago I lost 80 pounds & gained back 100. I'm definately obese (I hate that word) but my cholestrol & other numbers are ok. Until the dr. tells me that I have to lose, I'm not dieting any more.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ick I wouldn't diet either.

actually dieting causes problems anyway you should just make healthier food choices and not think of it as dieting they say. yeah that's why the freezer is packed with microwave meals

Ziggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziggy, I know that is right but it is so difficult to do, esp when you have a lifetime of bad habits. I had a heart stress test today cuz I've had some minor chest pains. I really expect that my dr will tell me to lose some weight when I see him next Tue. He's never told me that before, but it may be time.
    Judy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The medical problem that hit me because of my yo-yo dieting is Type 2 diabetes. I had to change a lot of my habits. If you have to follow that eating plan the weight will begin to drop. I now have to have blood tests every three months.

I hope your medical test are better than mine was.

Judith
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My tests actually turned out pretty good. The dr did NOT tell me to diet even though I do have hbp problems. He does want to check me every 3 mos though so he may tell me that in the future. I was walking 2 miles a day until last Nov. when I started having problems with my foot. Now the podiatrist tells me not to walk. I can't seem to win.
    Judy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, there are exercises you can do from a chair. Any type of movement is good. Can you swim? That is excellent exercise and would not bother your feet. I am a fidigetter, and my Dr said that was even good. It is too bad when one medical problem keeps you from doing what you should to solve a second problem. This past week I ate lots of fruit and salads and it worked. I love salads and could just about live on them. So I hope you can experiment to find the healthy choices that help you. Talking to others about our concerns is a good way to get the support to fulfill our good intentions. So, I'm glad each of you are here so I can vent when I don't do the things I know are good for me.
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have a senior citizens swim time at a local pool that is just $2 a session. A friend of mine & I have decided to start doing this. We will start on Tues. and go 2xs a week. I'm hoping that it will help.
    Judy

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ladies! My MIL was told by her doctor to get the South Beach Diet book. SHe too has the Type 2 diabetes. I bought the book for her, and she lost 3 lbs in the first week. She called me after reading it and was saying she couldn't do it because she didn't like the food on the menu plan! I talked her down and told her to read all the things you can eat, and to substitue something she liked. She told me after the first day that her blood sugar was normal and she was already feeling better. This is a woman who does not like to cook, and all the food she buys is pre-packaged meals. Well, I can tell you she's still got a few of those meals in her freezer, but she grilled up a bunch of chicken and stuff and put that in there to eat instead. Oh, I should tell you she's about 250 lbs at the start, and shes 63 years old. I think if she can do it so can we. I found this website this morning that you can read instead of buying the book. It has all the info and the meal plans on it. Good luck, I'm going to start this just as soon as I go to the grocery store!

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, you can also use weights to exercise without having to bother your feet. Weight bearing exercise is very good for you. Just get yourself some dumbells, maybe three pounds to start and I'm sure that there must be some online exercises listed to do with them. Studies have shown that people who use weights three times a week lose easier because weight bearing exercise increases your muscle maass which increases your metabollism, which makes you burn more calories. Also, do not do the weights every day. It takes about 24 hours for muscle to build after weight work outs. If you did it everyday, believe it or not, you would not build muscle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just look like a YO-YO!!
    bonnie