Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to CKC-Valley Forge tomorrow. I was looking at the list of basic supplies to bring for taking classes. I may take a class, but I'm not sure so I didn't want to take too muc with me. Anyway, an eyelet setter is on the list. I don't want to bring my cropodile because what if I lose it and my silent setter seems pretty heavy to lug around with me. Do I really need to bring one? Are others open to lending during a class if it's needed? I packed up the smallest and lightest things I could find like a mini stapler instead of a regular size one.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to CKC-Valley Forge tomorrow. I was looking at the list of basic supplies to bring for taking classes. I may take a class, but I'm not sure so I didn't want to take too muc with me. Anyway, an eyelet setter is on the list. I don't want to bring my cropodile because what if I lose it and my silent setter seems pretty heavy to lug around with me. Do I really need to bring one? Are others open to lending during a class if it's needed? I packed up the smallest and lightest things I could find like a mini stapler instead of a regular size one.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I didn't read this post in time to help out. But how was it?? What classes did you take? I have been to CKU in Boston twice, but I have never been to a CKC. Did you love it?
    "If it's unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spill. Tell me everything. Did you get into other classes. I am going to CKC Charlotte next weekend. Too excited for words.

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts on my classes.

My Big Fat Chunky Book...didn't like the project at all. It is a box thing with some big tags. Was disappointed. The instructor was very nice though.

Thursday Night Album Crop....lots of cool 6x6 layouts packs. A black 6x6 album was also given, plus a glue stick and tape runner. Kind of fast past, but as times slow. Didn't finish until 11:00. Scrappers seemed kind of quiet, as was I, very tired.

Wild & Crazy....Fun class, very nice project, terrific teacher.

Brag in a Bag.....Fun, cool project, great teacher.

5-1 SEI.....Great class, project and fun teacher (same one for Wild and Crazy. SEI classes were fantastic !!

Basic Grey....loved the paper, project. Teacher was nice, but she was more no nonsense type. Did 4 LO's.

Vendor Fair....I actually thought there would be more vendors. But trust me there were enough to spend oodles of money. Of course, I am a Basic Grey freak so Embellish It got most of my money.

Be sure to check out this vendor. http://www.scrapitsimple.com/
    The coolest albums I ever saw and paper made with whatever you want written on it !! I spent most of my money there and at Embellish it, because I am a Basic Grey freak !!

I met Cass !! I rented a scooter because I have MS and I rolled into the vendor fair and called her from my cell phone....and quess what ?? She was right in front of me answering her phone !!! LOL. Unfortunatly we only had a few minutes to talk, but Cass it was great seeing you !!!!

It is a good time, but exhausting. We took a cooler and really didn't use it, so I don't think I would drag that with me again. Bring Baby Wipes, lots of inking and my hands were a mess.

Have fun.

Michele

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for telling all. I'm also going to CKC in Charlotte. I don't plan to take any classes this time as I am only going for the day. I understand the vendors do quick "Make it and Take it". Is this true? What is the average cost for their projects? I want to bring enough loot with me so I don't have to keep running back and forth to the ATM.

I'm also looking forward to meeting Lisa, Sherry, and Gail.

I'm exploring a weekend conference event later in the fall near me. For that I will go and stay the 3 days, and crop the weekend away.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The make and takes I saw were $2-$5. Some cute things.

Enjoy !!

Michele

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll be sure to have it in change.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get to take any classes. When Michele found me it was before her Wild and Crazy class and I went to go try to beg to get in so I could take that one with her, but they wouldn't let me. I wasn't interested in any of the other classes that had openings. So I lost Michele at the vendor faire and didn't get to see her again . Sorry Michele - I should have called your cell to see where you were. I didn't think of that until the time your class started.
    Anyway, I was the TA for two Quick Quotes classes which were PACKED. One was something like "A thing or Two About Boys" and the other was the same, but for girls. The teacher was great, the class was fast paced. They did a two page layout and a little altered canvas type thing and left with enough to make another two page layout. Everyone also got a quick quote vellum or transparent sheet and there were lots of door prizes. What I don't get about those kinds of classes is that if you buy the kit the instructions are right in it, why do you need to take a class on it? I did my two pages today and it was really easy. The teacher gave me a kit from each of the two classes so I have enough stuff to make 8 pages and two canvas things. The third class I TA'd for was even faster paced and I really had to work hard in that one - Acrylic Mania II. The project wasn't too interesting to me, but she gave me a kit for that one, too.
    I didn't spend a dime at the vendor faire and I used my TA voucher for two books at the CK store since there were no classes for me to take. I saw a lot of cool stuff, but nothing that I had to have. I did a couple of free make-n-takes. I really thought that there would be more vendors. Oh, I loved the bind-it-all, but wasn't ready to spend $70-$80 or whatever it cost plus another $20 for the supply kit. I should have picked up a couple of Quick Quote kits because those were cute and stuff I would never think to buy since I'm not a kit person. What I discovered was that they're a great way to make a few quick pages. The chalk inks that they sell are great, too. I should have bought a set of those. I also should have gone to the Basic Grey place, but it was so packed I didn't feel like dealing with it.

I heard that the Basic Grey class was disappointing.

I stopped at the Sizzix booth and made a really cool textured chipboard "C" monogram with the Big Shot. I love that machine and the monogram letter dies are great. I didn't realized that you could texture the chipboard. I'll take a photo and post that. I used the Paisley texture pattern...really cool.

Next year I'll take a couple of classes and def. volunteer again - that was fun. And I won't wear wedge sandals (my feet were killing me)

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Cass. I'm glad to hear all this before I go. I will definitely be in comfortable shoes. I know there is a a lot of walking and standing to do.
    Judith