Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is open to everyone so please join in if you want to. It can be digital or traditional scrapping. You can do the challenge if you want to try the technique or challenge or just complete one LO each week. At the end of the year you will have completed 52 LO's and hopefully tried some new things you hadn't done before.

The challenge this week is for metal. You can use real metal or make faux metal to use on your LO. You can use metal photo corners, metal embossed tags, whatever, as long as it's metal . Digi metal works too .

I made faux metal yesterday and this is how I did it.

1. I cut a piece of cardstock to the size I wanted to use.

2. I spritzed it with a mini mister that has distilled water in it. Regular water has acids and chemicals in it so distilled is better to use.

3. I used some Perfect Pearls Perfect Copper and using a soft brush, I covered the misted cs with it. I dried with my heat gun.

4. I crumpled up the copper covered cs and flattened it back out.

5. I used Distress ink next: Vintage Photo Distress ink and lightly went over the ridges of the cs. Spritzed with water, let the color spread out a bit, dried with heat gun.

6. Went over the ridges again 'lightly' with Walnut Stain Distress ink, but only barely spritzed it this time. You don't want too much color spreading out on this step. Dry as quickly as you can after you spritz, with a heat gun.

I found that if you rub over the copper after you have completed the steps of aging it with a paper towel it will actually shine up the copper. Cool, huh? It also removes some of the excess so you don't have copper rubbing off easily. You can spray with an acid free fixitive. I didn't and it isn't coming off, but you may prefer to.

Here is an example of a faux metal background that I did for an altered journal I made for my friend. We have until next Thursday to post our challenge LO .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks awesome! I'll give it a try!
    ~Carolyn

Pretending to be a normal person
    day after day is exhausting!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barb that's really pretty and sure does look like metal. Thanks for all the tips on how to do the technique. Am going to try this one.
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very pretty and what a cool effect with the faux metal. I may have to use real metal to stick with the challenge.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine ended up with more chipboard than metal. I am not really a "metal gal" but I tried. The top flower on the "bunch" is metal and the corners are metal paper clips.

Stacey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the LO- colors, everything! What a big place- what/where is that place? I really like those gates too .

I have company coming over in a few minutes so I won't get to work on my LO until tomorrow . I'll post when I'm done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is The Breakers...one of the Mansions in Newport, RI. It was a trip we were on a few months ago with my hubby's work. You should see the inside!! We couldn't take pics inside though.

Oh and thanks!
    Stacey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Barb, where do you get all these ideas? TFS
    Love that LO Stacey, neat place.
    Mickie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Stacey, I have a bunch of those spiral clips. Thanks for the idea of how to use them!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty photos, and I like the swirly clips.