Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to vent

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have so many things to vent about that if I really started i would never stop. I use to go to a therapest and I could vent but I haven't went in about three years and I don't have anybody objectable so I am going to rant at you. I am sitting here at 6o in the morning crying. this isn't the biggest thing but it will do. My husband who is so dear to me and is the greatest in the world, IS NOT TODAY. It started a couple days ago when somebody gave me a little water picture that was broken. I kinda like to think things over and plan what to do. Not him he just doves in and soesn't think which at time is great, but not this time. He proceeded to get some glue and glued it and put layed it on a chest that is in my den. I didn't see it right away. but I noticed the glue on it and then I noticed a big hunk out of my chest where he laid it right smack dowm on it. The chest isn't that valuable but that's not the point. But I do have a chest that is in two parts, the top is like a desk and the bottom is drawers. It is a heirloom. My grandfather's grandfather brought it from New york to San Fransico during the gold rush in 1889. I don't even want to go there. Somebody brok a piece ot the drawer and it is big. What made me mad was that nobody admitted it. My husband decided he wanted to fix it. It was a mess before we were through there was a scratch on the side. Thankfully we live next door to a master carpenter who I hope can fix it.

Thanks for letting me talk

Dalene

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw Dalene. I'm praying for you and your family. I'm sure things are going to get better. Just keep your chin up and now that your friends are here for you when you need us.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww, Dalene I hear you. My DH has done sooo many things like that, I wouldn't know where to begin. Lots of things broken over the years, many irreplaceable &/or antique.

This summer he accidentally gave my 1962 Barbie Doll house-to a complete stranger - so there was no getting it back- It's a LONG story, but suffice it to say : I cried my eyes out...until I thought about the day he had his heart attack and how close I came to losing him & I was ashamed of myself.

Kind of puts things in perspective,in the end they're only things.

As Cindy said,Chin up- and I add: this too shall pass!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dalene, feel free to vent here anytime. We understand that sometimes you just have to get it out! Let this be a safe place for you to do just that. We love you. As for husbands, even the best can do stupid things at times. I am praying that your day will end up better than it started. Hope you can smile before the day is over.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dalene, I also have a DH who is clueless at times. Just remember as I have to do often, he only does it because he loves you and wants to please you. I have learned, if I want to keep something out of his hands, I put it in a special place I've made, till I am ready to do with it what I will. It has saved me many a rant and tear.

Be assured that we can handle your rants and raves. So bring them here. We're cheaper than a therapists and will keep you close to our hearts. I'll send a little prayer up each day for your peace of mind. Hang in there....we're here for you.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the other ladies said everything so well that all I can add is...

{{{hugs}}}
    Red Rubber Designs
    www.RedRubberDesigns.com
    ~*~*~*~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by ScrappyPam:
    All the other ladies said everything so well that all I can add is...

{{{hugs}}}
    Me, too. I love my DH to pieces, but he can be dumber than a box of rocks at times. But I wouldn't trade him for someone else's box. Rest assured that we can take the venting. Blessings to you.
    Laura

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, Dalene, Don't worry about venting on any of us......it's too bad you have to begin your day this way....it's gonna make for a long one....so if you have to come back and vent some more, please do so.
    I agree with the other ladies...men are sometimes dumb, stupid, nin-com-poops, and any other thing you can think of....and they do what they do with the mentallity of a 6 year old in a grown up body. And sometimes, when they know they have done one thing that displeases you, they would never, ever admit to another.
    What's done is done. You can't go back. It's just a good thing that you have someone who CAN and prob. will fix it.
    I have learned and made this rule....unless it's it's going to make a difference in 5 years, I don't get upset about it....or I try not to. I know your treasures are your treasures and it's too bad someone wasn't thinking when they marred it, but I'm sure when they saw that you were unhappy, it made them unhappy too.
    Oh, this is too long, but I share in your grief...I've had things destroyed.....I'm a keeper and my hubby keeps nothing, so things don't mean that much to him, but he gets it when I'm unhappy about something he has done...and later the little boy admits his wrongdoing when I'm not so apt to get enraged.
    Take a picture and scrap it!!!!
    Love & hugs, Marsha
    life is uncertain, scrap first

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this did Dalene as much good as it did me the dumber then a box of rocks cracked me
    up and I wasn't even down...lol
    I'm with the other Darlene , I have one of those husbands too so I understand you totally.
    Ellen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dalene, i can relate to you, too. i can't rell you how many times i could have bopped my dh over the head for doing "a man thing." lol i used to put things i didn't want to get touched in my craft room and felt safe. now i don't have my craft room, (we moved) so i have to fine a new place. what gets me is that i would never throw away or touch any of his things, so why do that to my things??? guess it's a man thing
    glad that you came over here to vent..
    *Mary*