Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Bridal Shower

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I am planning a bridal shower. Her colors are that of gerber daisies-red, burnt orange, and yellow-any ideas on invitations? Or do you follow the wedding colors for the bridal shower?

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I am planning a bridal shower. Her colors are that of gerber daisies-red, burnt orange, and yellow-any ideas on invitations? Or do you follow the wedding colors for the bridal shower?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think for showers it's just up to the hostesses as to whether you use the brides colors or not but many do. I just helped with a shower yesterday & we had everything in her colors of ice blue & ivory. It looked real nice.
    Here's one idea for an invite. Cut strips of cardstock in 1 of brides colors about 8 x 4". Print info on sheet of typing paper (can be in a coordinating color). Cut that 1/4" smaller than your cardstock. Punch 2 holes at top of both papers. Use a ribbon in brides colors to tie the 2 together.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use the wedding colors if it was me. I like Judy's idea. It sounds very simple, yet nice. It will make them go by somewhat quickly!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what my mother did for my invites. My only shower was mostly her friends and I grabbed one of my best friends. Don't remember what reason the other one couldn't come.

A good tip though, my mother knows how bad I am at sending Thank You's. She got a yellow bag (my fav color but not in my wedding) and then had everyone fill out their address on an envelope and stuck it in the bag. Then she pulled those out for door prizes and I had everyones addressed envie so I could mail out the Thank You's faster.

She had some kind of word search game and maybe the tray game. I don't really remember now. And to let you know the clothes pin game is really annoying!!!

Ziggy

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the ideas...and advice-I think we are going to limit the games to a door prize-and EAT lots of food! We are going to interview the groom to see how well they know each other...should be fun!