Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received a Christmas card that got me to thinking about everyone talking about the work/expense of making and mailing a larger number of cards. I could tell from this card that she did an assembly line style but there was still a lot of paper layering that could be eliminated and would lower the time to make and the cost to send. If I find my camera I'll take a pic and post. But what she did was take a piece of white cardstock and a snowflake stamp with three different colors of blue ink. She started with the lightest color and stamped randomly and then the medium blue and then the darker blue. Overlapping some of the snowflakes (the reason for starting with lightest ink). Then she embellished with glitter glue, not every snowflake, just spots of it here and there. Then she cut it up into squares and mounted it onto layers of blue cardstock that matched the colors of ink. Now my idea will go faster and eliminate the extra weight of the cardstock layers. Just take your card blanks and do the stamping technique all over them while they are flat (I would spread out some scrap paper or waxed paper, and lay several cards out at once)make sure you stamp some of your images off the card and onto the scrap or waxed paper (looks more natural) and then embellish them with glitter glue while they are still flat. After they are dry, fold them and add maybe one seperately stamped and cut out snowflake and a sentiment. You could also use this technique for fast Valentines cards which I plan to do so I'll post pics of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a good idea. And something I could handle. I hope to make many more cards next year, so it would keep the costs down for mailing if they were all the same size and thickness.
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds neat, not in to cards making just yet but would love to see photos.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to get my mind in the mass production mode of cards. Scrapbook Answers had some assymbly line card ideas and I've seen some in that Card maker but I've never done it. I always want the cards I make to be a bit different for everyone

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sound like a great idea. I would love to see the example!
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds interesting. I am already making Valentine cards for the troops and need some fast assembly. Please post.
    Mickie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziggy, this wouldn't replace your "special people" card making lol, just the one's you've been considering buying store bought for

Mickie, I will try to get this set up over the weekend, I have another project that I need to complete and I can do this at the same time. I told myself nothing for today or tomorrow until I get the holiday mess cleaned up and caught up on chores that fell behind because of the holiday One more day and someone in the family was going to have to go naked!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL na if you have boys they'd just dig out something that smelled ok

Ziggy