Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first half lesson 5

This was probably the most fun for me. Baking Christmas cookies is a tradition of mine. Admittedly, my DGDs didn't help last year but I got a lot of history in the photos, I think. I included a couple of recipes written in the special person's own hand. I treasure these but you can see they are well used. When I started trying to identify some of the objects I was able to find the type of jar that is part of the nut grinder. The original one broke I can't even tell you how long ago but I found a "Homemade Chili Sauce" jar fit just fine. The top is my grandmothers. I'm not sure whose cookie press it is. I have used my mother's, one I found in home we bought back in 1969 & one that I bought who knows when. The point is that it's quite old & the style has been in the family for a long time. The other funny thing I found is that the jars with the orange lids I use for my salt & baking soda are actually Vintage 1970's Retro Tang Drink jars. Looked at the store the other day & I don't think they even make Tang anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham