Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys. Happy New Year to all. We are moving to a new house in February and the 3rd bedroom will be my SB room. Initially I won't have a lot of extra money to install cabinets and such, that will have to wait, but any ideas on what to use or set it up until then? The only thing I know I will have to use will be two 6' bookcases and a tall bakersrack. I have seen those nice ladder type of shelfs, but was not sure how efficient they were. I thought of using a peg board on one wall to hang stuff. Anyone else do that and how well do you like it? Thanks for the help.
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheryl,

At this time I have very limited space, so congrats on having a full room.

I use the ACMoores cubes and I have 6. 4 of them have the 5 shelves and I keep my paper in them by color. Two of the cubes have the baskets that I keep punches and ribbons in. I have a card table that is my scrap area.

Good luck in getting the room set-up. Start slow so you can fix it just like you want it.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,Cheryl I use some of the sturdy cardboard display boxes that look like mini-shelves that Walmart and other stores use for item. They just throw them out when out of stock. I ask for them and they give them to me. They hold my smaller storage cases, inks, papers, jars and small boxes of tweeze and twaz's. I set them on top of my file cabinet and bookcases. Free is good.

You can also utilize the hippie bookcase system: bricks and shelf boards...making your own bookcase. I also use closet doors supported by saw horses to make large work areas...my sewing area.
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another inexpensive storage idea is the shoe organizers. The kinds with the clear pockets? I've even seen these for just a dollar in the Dollar Tree store. You can hang them over a door or hang more than one on a wall. In a pinch I used the gromet holes and string to tie them to a sturdy plastic hanger and hung them on a closet rod and then I could just slide them along to find what I wanted. I had like 4 of them and I stored all kinds of things in the pockets, ribbon, fiber, rubber stamps, painting brushes, decorative scissors, even small paper scraps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use pizza boxes out the wazoo. Label the front with tabs for Christmas, Valentines, etc and they stack nicely. I'm lucky enough to have the small BR for my scraproom and installed cork squares on the outer half of the sliding closet doors for tacking things in baggies. (Just wish it was all organized BUT I pretty well know where everything is, LOL)
    Mickie

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This idea just popped in my head today...large flat rate boxes from the post office taped together would make perfect shelves for paper, and being ever so crafty, you could glam them up and camouflage them so no one needs to know you've broken the law by using them for purposes other than the U.S. mail.

I've seen people make furniture out of FedEx boxes, etc., so I thought, why not?

Maybe that could be a challenge--to see what people could come up with using those boxes.