Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

recycled wood boards....

This is done with the recycled boards I found on the side of the road. I was going to have dh take apart shipping pallets and put them back together with the boards closer like this one. Well I found these on the side of the road - about 17 of them dh is having to cut down the bottom support and I'm going to have him add a few more support down the middle and cut some in half.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Senior Scrapper PaperPossibilities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a boon, Clarinda. This one looks great! Love the sentiment you chose. It suits the boards nailed close together! Lol!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. This is like 20 x 30 so it's big! That's why I'm going to cut some in half. Amber who doesn't like to talk about scrapping says I like this maybe I should by it! That's a complement! Lol. I told her to wait n let's see if it sells if it does I'll make her another!
    I read to get vinyl to stick to wood you need to paint a sealer. Well I had sanded this some n dry brushed it with two colors ( but the coverage wasn't thick) so I put a coat of clear on it. I probably should have put more than one coat, but was in a hurry to add the vinyl! But sure enough there was lots of places it wasn't sticking very good! Then I remembered on one of my canvases I used the heat gun. You barley flick the gun over it n press down quickly it kinda melts and shrinks but grabs great! On this it conformed to the board n you can hardly feel an edge to the vinyl!

I've been trying to decide on what to do for a half board sign... I think I've finally decided. I found a photo on Pinterest its a coffee mug with curling steam coming up n next to it it says but first coffee. I want to stain the boards different shades of brown which we already have! Then apply this sticker n seal around the edges n do a paint owner it all with white paint then remove the sticker. I'm hoping the edges don't bleed. If they do I can paint over it all an apply cut vinyl over it!

Maybe I'll see if Dh will cut one in half for me tomorrow! So I can get started!
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Clarinda, what a great project! Love how this turned out. Not too much work?
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not really since the boards were ready... but I won't tell any one if I sell it! lol Plus it is mostly all profit since I found the boards. score!

thanks
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Senior Scrapper PaperPossibilities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the vinyl sticking tips and the good news about Amber's interest!