Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Waterfall Folio

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waterfall Folio

Here's the finished piece.
    I want to dig thru old albums to find pics of our old cats before I put them in and decorate the inside.
    TFL!
    Tutorial on mysistersscrapper.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Senior Scrapper PaperPossibilities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really lovely, Maria. You did a marvelous job! Show s again when you have your cats in it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @PaperPossibilities
    Here's the tutorial... I transcribed from my notes and her video tutorial.
    Waterfall Folio Album from mysistersscrapper.com/youtube channel
    Supplies: Chipboard, Cardstock, Decorative papers, Strong adhesive (score tape), Scoreboard, Scissors, Bone folder, Ruler, Paper trimmer, Decorative Corner punch (optional)
    Chipboard Covers x 2: 4.5 in x 8.5 in
    Chipboard Spine x 1: 0.75 in x 8.5 in
    Outside Decorative Cover Paper: 10.5 x 12 in; Score @ 1 in along both 10.5 in and along one of the 12 in side.
    (I’m not sure why she does not score on all 4 sides)
    Line up chipboard L and R covers along the score lines of the long score & the short score on both sides. The spine piece will be placed btwn the 2 covers leaving 0.125 in (1/8 in) on both sides.
    Apply adhesive (score tape or other strong adhesive) on all sides of chipboard and along the edge of your paper.
    Trim corners at an angle to avoid bulk. (She uses bone folder to tuck in the 1/8 in piece here).
    Fold over edges and burnish over all areas adhered.
    Inside Decorative Cover Paper: 8.125 in (or 8 1/8 in) x 9.71 in (or 9 5/8 in)
    (She inks it all around the edges). Apply adhesive, center it and adhere it to the inside cover, burnish well & gently use bone folder to score along the spine piece.
    Waterfall Flaps:
    Cut solid cardstock base to be placed on inside right cover: 7.75 in x 4 in. (Use decorative corner punch at bottom corners if desired). Adhere to the inside right cover.
    Cut 7 Flaps w/cardstock: 4 x 4.5 in (score each at the 0.5 in mark). (Use decorative corner punch at bottom of flaps if desired. Adhere flaps w/score tape. Start from the top and align from the top of the cardstock base. Align the rest to each edge working down. (Do not overlap the flaps). The bottom cardstock base will look like one of the flaps.
    Decorative papers: 3.75 x 3.75 in x 15. (Use decorative corner punch at bottom of each if you are using one). Keep in mind some of the flaps will be on the upper part of the flap so make sure you are orienting the corner punches appropriately so the patterned paper is not upside down. Adhere to each flap in order that you like.
    For the space between the flaps: Cut 7 small strips at 0.375 in x 3.75 in (3/8 x 3 in). Adhere.
    Diagonal Pocket:
    Cut solid cardstock 5.5 x 4.5 in and score at 5 in and 4 in respectively. Make a tick mark at 1.75 in along the top of the vertically oriented, unscored cardstock and another at the 3.5 in along the horizontally oriented, unscored cardstock. Cut diagonally from the top tick mark to the side mark.
    Apply adhesive to the scored flaps and trim the corner at angle to avoid bulk when you fold and adhere it to the L inside cover. Apply decorative paper (3.75 in x 4.75 in) w/angle trimmed off to match the pocket and adhere.
    Decorate & add tags as desired.
    TALLIES 2017
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:

Maria

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maria, that turned out so cute. I'm like Susan would love to see it after the pictures are in it also.
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this Beautiful color choices.
    Marsha from Illinois
    Scrapbooking mantra: Storage isn't organization!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maria, that is gorgeous! It's such a great idea. I'd love to see it with your cat pictures too.
    Was it hard or time consuming to put together?
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    Maria, that is gorgeous! It's such a great idea. I'd love to see it with your cat pictures too.
    Was it hard or time consuming to put together?
    It was fairly quick compared to the other. I worked on it a little each night.
    TALLIES 2017
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:

Maria

Senior Scrapper PaperPossibilities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gluemore girl View Post
    @PaperPossibilities
    Here's the tutorial... I transcribed from my notes and her video tutorial.
    Waterfall Folio Album from mysistersscrapper.com/youtube channel
    Supplies: Chipboard, Cardstock, Decorative papers, Strong adhesive (score tape), Scoreboard, Scissors, Bone folder, Ruler, Paper trimmer, Decorative Corner punch (optional)
    Chipboard Covers x 2: 4.5 in x 8.5 in
    Chipboard Spine x 1: 0.75 in x 8.5 in
    Outside Decorative Cover Paper: 10.5 x 12 in; Score @ 1 in along both 10.5 in and along one of the 12 in side.
    (I’m not sure why she does not score on all 4 sides)
    Line up chipboard L and R covers along the score lines of the long score & the short score on both sides. The spine piece will be placed btwn the 2 covers leaving 0.125 in (1/8 in) on both sides.
    Apply adhesive (score tape or other strong adhesive) on all sides of chipboard and along the edge of your paper.
    Trim corners at an angle to avoid bulk. (She uses bone folder to tuck in the 1/8 in piece here).
    Fold over edges and burnish over all areas adhered.
    Inside Decorative Cover Paper: 8.125 in (or 8 1/8 in) x 9.71 in (or 9 5/8 in)
    (She inks it all around the edges). Apply adhesive, center it and adhere it to the inside cover, burnish well & gently use bone folder to score along the spine piece.
    Waterfall Flaps:
    Cut solid cardstock base to be placed on inside right cover: 7.75 in x 4 in. (Use decorative corner punch at bottom corners if desired). Adhere to the inside right cover.
    Cut 7 Flaps w/cardstock: 4 x 4.5 in (score each at the 0.5 in mark). (Use decorative corner punch at bottom of flaps if desired. Adhere flaps w/score tape. Start from the top and align from the top of the cardstock base. Align the rest to each edge working down. (Do not overlap the flaps). The bottom cardstock base will look like one of the flaps.
    Decorative papers: 3.75 x 3.75 in x 15. (Use decorative corner punch at bottom of each if you are using one). Keep in mind some of the flaps will be on the upper part of the flap so make sure you are orienting the corner punches appropriately so the patterned paper is not upside down. Adhere to each flap in order that you like.
    For the space between the flaps: Cut 7 small strips at 0.375 in x 3.75 in (3/8 x 3 in). Adhere.
    Diagonal Pocket:
    Cut solid cardstock 5.5 x 4.5 in and score at 5 in and 4 in respectively. Make a tick mark at 1.75 in along the top of the vertically oriented, unscored cardstock and another at the 3.5 in along the horizontally oriented, unscored cardstock. Cut diagonally from the top tick mark to the side mark.
    Apply adhesive to the scored flaps and trim the corner at angle to avoid bulk when you fold and adhere it to the L inside cover. Apply decorative paper (3.75 in x 4.75 in) w/angle trimmed off to match the pocket and adhere.
    Decorate & add tags as desired.

Thank you so much, Maria. That's very generous of you! xx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it Maria! That's so neat!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon