Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question- altered item

I drink the Starbucks coffees out of the "milk" jar looking bottles. I have a ton, save to find a craft for. Anyways i was thinking and rethinking. I am hosting a stampin up catalog party. Could i decorate and fill with m&ms would you find that as a cute favor or would you see it and think yuck she used her old drink bottle as a gift. Personal i see it as cute but my germ a phobia would see it as gross in someone elses house. I know double standards, i am the same person who will not eat at a pot luck cause i did not see you cook it. So i need to know what people would think. I know i have cleaned and sterilized the jars but how would you feel if you saw it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these the ones you buy in the store? I guess I would not think of it unless you told me or unless I knew of them. Dicey call but know your attendees.
    Being a confessed germaphobe, I'd put yourself as a guest and determine how popular the bottles are and how well known they are and then decide how you would feel about it.
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i have alway backed out of using them cause of the fact of how i would feel. But i was just trying to think if i was over thinking it. Maybe i will spend the money and use mason jars
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the problem with using them. What the difference between using the used jars and eating off of plates and utensils from a restaurant? or even your own dishes?

I used to save those bottles too thinking that they were just too cute but I never thought of something clever to do with them.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    I don't see the problem with using them. What the difference between using the used jars and eating off of plates and utensils from a restaurant? or even your own dishes?

I used to save those bottles too thinking that they were just too cute but I never thought of something clever to do with them.
    Yep, this is what I would think also. If you still want to use the jars and worried about it, figure out non-food favors that you could put into
    them. Some ribbon a few little cut outs, brads, flowers, twine, all SU stuff. You could also put the m&m in a little snack bag and
    put into the jar.

Forgot to say hi....
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cyndi!! I agree Lulu. They are clean. Just wasnt sure how others saw it. I was saving them for just the right craft and so far nothing is great. Cyndi i did think of ribbon and stuff just not sure how hard it would be to pull it all out. Or how much it would take to fill it. I am sure ryan would love for me to trash them and all the wine bottles i am going to cover in twine and use as decor. Hahaha. Pinterest is a crafters worse and best friend.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use them... After all you don't touch the inside of a bottle! I don't use mason jars untill washed because you don't know who handeled them so they both start out on the same foot as far as I can tell! ... I painted two tall jars with black paint n put jute just around the neck... It was quick n easy!

Clarinda