Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are more people going to digi scrapbooking? Why would I want to do that when I have all these pics sitting around waiting to be scrapped. Or are you only digi scrapping those pics that are uploaded from a digital camera?
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can not speak for everyone else but for myself I do both and the reasons behind this is

Digital

1. I have photos I know I won't print out but don't just want to put them on a disk as is, I want to make album CDs when down loading them to a CD

2. and when running out of supplies I know I don't have to worry about running out with digi

Paper Scrapping

1. I luv to feel the paper when scrapping

2. I luv all the new items (even though I am not able to get all that I want) so much fun learning new things

3. I just can't seem to give it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to learn to do it on Photoshop Elements so that I can do hybrid scrapbooking. I don't plan on doing total digital layouts except to learn techniques and the program. When I figure out what PSE can do then I plan to use it for hybrid scrapbooking.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I have only done paper and hybrid for hard copy. But I think I'm getting closer to the day when I switch. If it wasn't for the fact I've invested so much, I might switch from paper now. I do a LOT more digi layouts...just haven't printed any yet. But I'm having SO much fun doing them!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am like Tammy I have almost went totally to a digital camera (I still like my 35mm) and I have a lot of pic on my comp. I also am not very good at picking colors and patterns, and in digi i have been able to have a little more control. I am trying to learn the pe5 and the only way is to do it or lose it. It is a nice way for someone that doesn't have a lot of room and who have small kids also, to have a little bit of fun. I love the tradition way of scrapbooking and I am fixing a room up for crafts, but this way I am just learning another craft. There are few people now who haven't used the computor for scrapbooking in some way or another, So lets not think of ourselves as traditional or digital scrapbookers just think of us hybrids (I hate that name lol) How about DIGIWRAPPERS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really depend on the idividual. I too have a mint invested in traditional scrapbooking supplies. Luckily, I can use most of it for card making and other paper crafts. If you are just getting into scrapbooking, I think digi is the way to go. It's cheaper, faster, takes next to no storage, and offers so many more creative options! There are tons of free digi kits out there to use, and I've never gone into any store and was handed a free pack of scrapbooking supplies for traditional scrapping!

As far as having a lot of old pix, they can be scanned and made into digi pages. I did a heritage album with all scanned photos and was amazed at the clarity of the photos on the digi pages! I liked the fact that I could make all the pictures larger too. A lot of those older photos are so small! I also like the nice flat pages in my book! No more bulky albums! Some of my digi pages are put into a traditional album, and some (theme albums) I had made into hard cover books. I still do some traditional scrapbooking, but have been doing more and more digi. I spend so much less money now! I just download free digi kits! I think it's definity the wave of the future!
    As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a paper only scrapper. When I have a book done, I like to be able to sit down and look at it in my hands. I like being able to hand make things too. I get a nice sense of satisfaction when I finish making a layout that I really like. I'm not sure if I would get that from digital scrapping.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm paper only too, love making things with my hands. I also do woodworking, paint, and other paper crafts like cards, decoupage & collage. I like the process of taking a pile of raw materials and turning it into something you can enjoy by sight and/or touch. And if it turns into something you can use, even better.
    "Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just learning PhotoShop Elements, but think that both methods have their pros and cons. There is something satisfying about the tactile elements of paper scrapbooking, but my little entry hall is being overwhelmed with scrapbooking supplies. If nothing else, I think it's worth learning PSE to tweak your photos (I'm a lousy photographer with only an entry level camera so need LOTS of help in that regard).

My first digital scrapbooking "page" was a super simple layout that I sent to honor my Belgian Sheepdog girl's second birthday. There is no way that I would have sent paper cards to the owners of her littermates scattered throughout the country, but I could easily e-mail the digital page to our little Yahoo group.
    Victoria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your opinions. I guess for now I will stick to paper and look at digital as I get more used to doing photos on the computer. I'm not sure if I will ever get there as like Cindy, I want to hold the book in my hands and sit down and enjoy it. I'm not qiute there on the learning curve.
    Judith