Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WooHoo! Gotta brag on myself!

As of yesterday, I am no longer "obese"!!!! I started walking, exercising and dieting last August and I have lost over 50 pounds! Actually as of today, I am down 52 lbs. Thanks to Maria who told me about the fitbit, I have been super motivated to finally lose the weight. I have at least 30 pounds to lose until I'm no longer overweight. I've been telling anyone who will listen about how much I love my fitbit.

Now for the sad part. I don't "see" it. To me, I still look the same. I know I have lost since I see it on the scale and with how my clothes fit. And it's nice that people stop me to tell me to tell me how good I'm looking.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Wish I could join you. Need to start exercising.
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh LuAnn! So happy for you!!! I did not see it on myself either. Take pictures of yourself now and buy a few new clothes that are more fitted. You will see it better. Congrats and so glad the fitbit was so motivating for you. You've motivated me right back. I am going to join our local gym this week. xo
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, even if you don't see, bet you have clothes that either are too big or finally fit. Big who rah for you!
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LuAnn, you have done a wonderful job on exercising and your weight loss. Even if you don't think you see it you
    feel it from the easy of doing everything. Just think how much easier it is to go up and down steps too. And I bet
    your DH and friends see it. Great job.
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Senior Scrapper PaperPossibilities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo hoo! Good for you, Luanne! That is quite an achievement. Do you take your measurements? hat can also be a super indicator of change. I do mine about once a month and love looking back on the progress chart.

Stay strong for the next part of your healthy journey!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ladies. I have been shopping "In My Closest." LOL. I have enough old clothes that I've outgrown years ago. I did buy some tees and new sweat capris for the gym.

Susan, I take my waist measurements every couple of months. That is a more steady loss than the pounds.

Maria, you have no idea how much credit I give you. Hugs.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats ... WTG... Just can't be said enough! You have done a superb job!

Clarinda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LuAnn...I wish I was ther to give you a big hug! You have worked so hard and so steady to get that weight off and you should be very proud of how great you are looking! You may not see it, but everyone else does! My hat is off to you!
    Karen

The little voices in my head keep saying..."Get more Chickens!"

...The difference between *life* and *living*...When you have someone close, someone special, a *Best Friend*, it's *Living*...When you lose her...it's just *Life*...
    ....Perhaps they are not stars in the sky....But rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy....
    ...FAITH is the bridge between where I AM...and where GOD is taking me...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well ladies, I've sitting on this one for a couple of weeks because I hardly believed the scale. I have achieved another milestone; I am no longer "overweight". I've been on a plateau for such along time I really thought I'd never get here. I now have less than 10 pounds to go before I get to my "smoking" weight. That is my next goal.