Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: exacto knife

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you are cutting with an exacto knife, what size/type blade do you use? Does it make a differnce in what you are cutting what blade you use? Know it should be sharp/new but what else do I need to know to do a good job?
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you are cutting with an exacto knife, what size/type blade do you use? Does it make a differnce in what you are cutting what blade you use? Know it should be sharp/new but what else do I need to know to do a good job?
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sprout:
    Carol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe it or not, I use a box cutter from the $1.00 store, the kind where you can snap off the dull blade, and viola' there's a fresh blade waiting.

There are swivel knives and I do have one, however, they take practice.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is so old that I've never really thought about it. As a matter of fact, I do believe that my knife is one that my DH had bought years ago because I found it in his work area . I just get my refills at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. They come in a little clear tube with a red top.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MIne is probably the same one Karen has. I don't think there are other sizes. Refills I think you get about 5 blades for just a few bucks. When you're making a straight cut I would use a heavy duty plastic or metal ruler and make sure you hold it firmly so it won't slide and make your line crooked.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the SU craft knife - I have that one b/c it was an HG. I like it! I needed one too. It's good to have a craft knife. I have my coluzzle swivel knife for my templates, the only other time i use that knife is for my puzzles.