Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilting

Senior Scrapper PaperPossibilities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I managed to take a picture of the quilt my good friend gave me for my birthday last week. It looks so pretty on my bed, and it is just a lovely weight too. I need to make some matching pillow cases as my friend gave me the material I need to do that as well. But you can see how lovely it is from this picture. The design is an American Star pattern:

DSC03278.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished my raggy quilt yesterday and DH agreed to be a quilt model. Lol! It is a flannel quilt, and the squares are sewn from corner to corner (in an 'X' shape) before beign joined. The back is smooth and the seams are hidden. The front is where the decorative bit happens. The seams are left raw and then I snipped them and washed and dried the quilt in a dryer with a tennis ball thrown in. This makes the seams fray and puff so it looks like special binding. You don't iron this quilt as it is meant to be fluffy.

DSC03285.jpg

DSC03286.jpg

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both those quilts are very lovely. Hubby is doing a good job modeling the quilt.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checking in again! I too can see your moms quilt colors better! I think getting the 4 generations photo with it was a great idea! Did you get it done? I'm a pastel girl my self so adore the quilt your friends made you! Shams willbe wonderful! The lap quilt is cute too! Is it made out of cotton? The one my dd made was with flannel the edges didn't need snipped or anything just washed!

Clarinda

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love love love the raggy quilt! I want one for ME now, lol! Looks so cozy and the colors are great.
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw the one that your friends did and gave you, so pretty. The one that you did for your granddaughter is just too
    cute, love the colors and the cupcakes...lol Tell DH that he is a good model...lol
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love all your quilts. The quilt your friend made you is perfect with your bedroom colors. The raggy quilt is adorable and just says little girl all over it. Great work, as usual.
    Marsha from Illinois
    Scrapbooking mantra: Storage isn't organization!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the feedback It is always wonderful to be told your work is lovely, isn't it. You are the best!

Clarinda, the raggy quilt is made of flannel and I wonder if mine would have frayed OK without the snipping? Yes, we got the four generation pic done and I loved it, but we used a lap quilt for the background instead of the one i made my mother as she had already packed it. Lol! I agree, shams will be great for my bed and my girlfriend has given me fabric to make one, or to make some 'show' pillowcases, whatever I decide. Will discuss that project with my quilting friends (including said girlfriend) this week.

Maria, it took me about a day and a half to make the raggy quilt. Once you cut it out, it isn't hard to put together, and I really think you NEED one for winter! Put some wadding inside each square so it will suit your cold weather better. Cut it slightly smaller than the material so you can make the seams deep enough (sew 1/2" seams)

Marsha, thank you. I agree the quilt my friend gave me is perfect for our colours, and I really wanted the raggy to say it was for a little girl.

Cyndi and Luanne, DH says he only charges a little for my friends, if either of you want a model. Lol! He grinned when I gave him your feedback - he he he!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished a quilt for one of my granddaughters. She will be 4 in July and i plan to give it to her then. It's called the Purple Fairy quilt as it is covered in purple fairies. It is a single bed sized one but I photographed it on a queen sized bed:

Here is the front

And here is the back
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is gorgeous! I love how the underside has a small dedication to the recipient?
    She will love it.
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria