Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Album Planning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't call the way I scrap planned. Currently, I am scrapping by theme: Hawaiian vacation, wedding, HS reunion, Disney, Vegas, etc.

In the Hawaiian vacation SB - I am scrapping chronologically as I go. Wedding - I started with the reception first, and have been jumping around when I work on it, which I haven't been lately. HS reunion, Disney and Vegas - I have only "collected" papers and other stuff for them. Some day, I will get to them.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of my albums are themed. I have done one each for my DGSs that are chronoligical, I scrap each of our four week trips, our military reunions by year, my DD's life, wedding albums for sereral nieces from engagement through reception, etc. I usually work on them exclusively, then move to the next subject. I also take loads of pics and do not throw any unused. As most of our pics include others, I give my extras to them. I cannot throw a decent pic away.
    Judith

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently heard a photopher say that it realy bothered him that since we have digital so many people are ONLY keeping the best of the best pics. He said that a lot of the really 'neat' family / life photos are the ones where someone made a silly face, wore something weird, etc.
    I have to agree with him. Some of the pics I'm looking at from the 70's certainly wouldn't be considered good by any means - but some of the stuff I captured with that instamatic are priceless. defnitely not posed...
    but, they are REAL life.
    I keep all of my pics also. I store them back in the photo box - to give to someone if they ask... for the kids future duplicates etc.
    some I might use to embellish a LO where I used the pic (like use the dupl pic to punch out circles to back letters for a word etc)
    they really take up little space - I mean I don't usually hae 10 extra of every pic - I might have 1 or 2 of some ....
    I've already been sending some off to my grown son - of him as a baby now that they are expecting their 1st (in abt 2 wks)

I liked the article. I"m not organized but some of those ideas would be helpful. I do sort of plan out some albums like the 'granny' ones I did/am doing for my gkids... a few pages of me as a teenager, at proms, wedding day, pic of each kid, pic of each gkid, the furbabies, my land, cacti, my mom and dad etc... sort of a flow of my life in pics for them.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Themes? Planning?
    I do have a few themed books - wedding, the 2 school years books I'm completing for my kids, and the one of my trip to Greece & Turkey that is still a long way from being done. Other than those the majority of my pages are also very random and never planned. I find it easier to look through some pics, find one that 'speaks' to me at the moment and scrap it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">life photos are the ones where someone made a silly face, wore something weird, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any good photographer will tell you that life caught in the moment makes the best pics. Even I don't like 'posed' pics.
    I actually consider the pics mentioned in this quote the best of the best - the ones taken when people are caught off guard. LOL THOSE are actually the pics I LOVE to use in layouts. A number of my pages are just those types of pics because they are fun to do and I can just hear my kids (and maybe grandkids) someday laughing over them. I like some of my pages to have a sense of humour about them when they can - life's too short to be serious all of the time.
    I have a wedding pic in my album that is just one of those. Most of the album is pretty & sentimental like most wedding albums and then there is this pic of me and DH at the reception opening a champagne bottle. The darn cork was stuck and when it finally popped off it happened so fast and was so loud that it surprised us both. The pic of the expressions on our faces that the photographer caught at that moment was hilarious. I consider it one of the best pics in the book!
    "Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to upload my pictures in more than one site now! Costco & shutterfly, photobucket. They may all be duplicates, but i don't care. I had only one source when i started posting pics online and since then i've lost those pictures and will NEVER get back b/c that site went under!! (seemesmile) I also back them up on a CD at least once/month. Obviously, i don't throw pictures away.. I think she was saying she threw pictures away b/c she's gone digital and can retrieve those pictures if she needed it.. but still... i'd just put it away.. LOL I did spend $$ to get it printed.

The only pictures i delete are the ones that are blurred. I hardly delete any pictures and i agree... the non posed are the best ones

Some day i'll organize my albums. I guess right now they're themed.. I have a Sara book, Vacation book, DH/Me book, and New Orleans book.. NOw all of these books are a work in progress.. LOL i have yet to finish one book at a time! LOL i work on all of them simultaneously. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only "planned" one and I don't like planning. I like to take pics and make a pg or two LO and let the album take on its on "flavor".
    Mickie