Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Garden 2014

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the shape of those blooms! Very nice, Cyndi.
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Senior Scrapper PaperPossibilities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I have seen a flower like that before. Thank you for the photos, Cyndi. It's a very pretty bush. Does it smell like orange blossoms?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luann I have never seen any of the hummer at that bush so I don't think it works for them.

Susan I don't know what orange blossoms smell like....lol This bush/flower have a very very light scent and
    you have to be really close to smell it at all.
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being in Central Texas, I'm getting the produce from my garden earlier than many of you. I pulled my onions yesterday & I've gotten 5 quart bags of sugar snap peas. My corn is very tall & making ears now. This is the first time I've done corn. It's so cheap here this time of year that I usually just buy it when it's 5 or 6 ears for $1 and then can that. This year I just wanted to grow my own. I hope it does well. At least, it's looking good right now. My tomatoes aren't doing as well as they usually do. I've had lots of blooms but not many tomatoes. My neighbor told me that there aren't as many bees this year. He told me why but I've already forgotten. The down side of having a garden in this part of Texas is that if I don't have my tomatoes harvested by the end of June, I might as well give up. It gets so hot here in July that the tomatoes split open then before they are ripe. Here are pictures of what I've got now.
    IMG_3048.jpg IMG_3047.jpg IMG_3051.jpg
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Senior Scrapper PaperPossibilities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Judy that looks like a marvelous garden and how good that you can freeze and can so much. Well done, you!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, I love your peas. Do you do anything to prepare your peas before you freeze them? Or do you just bag em and put them in the freezer?
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Cyndi...I have not seen a Mock Orange for many, many years! They have a very light scent, but they are so beautiful like yours is, in full bloom!

Judy! Wow on the corn and the peas! Looks like you will have a bumper crop! If you need to pollinate your tomatoes and you do not have enough or any bees...You can use a small feather and go from blossom to blossom and one plant to another...I had a couple of bee short seasons and have had to do it to get a few more...Do you know if you have determinate or indeterminate tomatoes?

You ladies are all so far ahead of me this year...I think I will be getting mine from the Farmers Market...Just not my year...
    Karen

The little voices in my head keep saying..."Get more Chickens!"

...The difference between *life* and *living*...When you have someone close, someone special, a *Best Friend*, it's *Living*...When you lose her...it's just *Life*...
    ....Perhaps they are not stars in the sky....But rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy....
    ...FAITH is the bridge between where I AM...and where GOD is taking me...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LuLu View Post
    Judy, I love your peas. Do you do anything to prepare your peas before you freeze them? Or do you just bag em and put them in the freezer?
    I know some people that blanch them first but all I do is just bag them & throw them in the freezer. I've never had any problems doing that.
    Judy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuesMom View Post
    Wow Cyndi...I have not seen a Mock Orange for many, many years! They have a very light scent, but they are so beautiful like yours is, in full bloom!

Judy! Wow on the corn and the peas! Looks like you will have a bumper crop! If you need to pollinate your tomatoes and you do not have enough or any bees...You can use a small feather and go from blossom to blossom and one plant to another...I had a couple of bee short seasons and have had to do it to get a few more...Do you know if you have determinate or indeterminate tomatoes?

You ladies are all so far ahead of me this year...I think I will be getting mine from the Farmers Market...Just not my year...
    I did not know you could do that with the tomatoes! I may not have enough blooms left now but I'll look to see what I can do. Thanks for the tip.
    Judy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, you really have a good crop of things. I have to do like Karen said sometimes with my cucumbers, I just use a small paint brush like would be in a kids paint set.
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.