Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you keep from your pictures being indented from other items on the next pages?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think SB need to be stored upright.

I don't use bulky embellishments either.
    bonnie

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, i have some buttons and some are starting to make an impression on the next page.. they're store upright.. I dunno..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store mine upright but they still get dented a little, I just make sure I have copies of my photos lol!! I certainly won't stop using bulky items..they are so cute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taffy, I tend not to make bulky pages, so I'm not sure what everyone else does. But the first thing I thought of was a piece of thin chipboard (the same size as your page) that you could put inbetween the pages.

Pam
    Red Rubber Designs
    www.RedRubberDesigns.com
    ~*~*~*~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never even thought of that. I wonder if mine are getting ruined. I just put them stored horizontal on a shelf in my closet.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far, I don't use bulky emblishments. And I don't store them upright. I guess I will begin to store them differently.

Judith
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I sold CM, I used to try discourage SBers from using raised embellishments because of the long-term effect they have on SB pages. The bulky embellishments are like a small stone in a shoe, they eventually end up making themselves know in an unpleasant manner. But, it was a losing battle, most everyone wanted to use these accents. Humbly, I must admit that I, too, am guilty of using raised embellishments.

The solution, or at least a help, would be to put cardstock between your pages, but who wants to do that? My books would be REALLY thick if that is what I did. Perhaps, if one were to not fill their books to capacity with pages, allowing for some freedom of movement between pages and covers that would alleviate some of the pressure amongst the pages. Also, not packing standing scrapbooks in so tightly on a bookshelf may help to discourage some of the impressing. (And it is important to store your scrapbooks as you would other books, standing them up, not laying down. If layed down, with time, they will warp.) One other suggestion would be to try to plan out the placements of bulky embellishments, in such a way, on your pages that they do not overlap neighboring photos.

One other thing to keep in mind is the use of wire. Make sure that you are using jewelry-grade wire (not floral wire) or approved scrapbooking wire, or wire that is coated or treated against rusting or tarnishing. Otherwise, with time, the wire can be affected by humidity and rust and tarnish, leaving stains on your pages.

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com