Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really off topic

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have an I-phone 5s? Can you check & see if it is using data on a regular basis even when you're not using it? My phone, since day one, has used data every 6 hours & no one can tell me what or why. One month it used over 90% of the data on my plan. I didn't buy a smart phone just to turn it on & off every time I want to use it. Just curious if it's the phone or the carrier.
    Thanks.
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the 5s Carol, but not sure what is going on. If you are on wi-fi in your house, you should not be using data plan at all.
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, that's the thing. I don't have wi-fi but I also don't use the phone for FB, Internet, etc. Yet, it uses data every 6 hours & no one can tell me exactly which app is using it. The OS shouldn't use 2GB in a month just to operate. I'm on my 3rd phone & 2nd SIM card in a week & they all do the same thing so I think it's a carrier issue but they won't admit it. Just want to sell me more data or "upgrade" my 4 month old phone (& charge me a fee for doing so). I've talked to a couple of people that have the 5s but they have unlimited data so they've never noticed. Apple says it's not a phone issue & Verizon says it's not their issue. Which leaves me stuck in the middle.
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard of this... My sil had trouble with something like this! The apps will use even when your not on! You have to go to settings n make sure it's turned to off! I'll ask dd as soon as I get to work what line in settings to turn off!

I have 4 n love it... It wouldn't come on this week black screen after charging n everything. My sis remembered if you hold down two buttons the one on top n the one on the front of the phone for a while.. It hard resets the phone! I thought I was going to have to get a 5 but it came back on!

Clarinda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For 24 hours, Clarinda, I had it on but the tech at the store had supposedly turned everything off that would use data, but it did anyhow. This was on my 3rd phone & I didn't have any apps installed except what it came with. If they are using the data that really bugs me because I can't delete them if they are things I don't want or won't use, like stocks. I know "smart" phones use data but it shouldn't use as much as mine does.
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my first smart phone about a month ago & I'm still learning. I don't know much about them but that just doesn't sound right to me. I'd be in big trouble if I had that phone because my plan only has 1 gig of usage. I'd be paying extra all the time. I think I would spend a lot of time talking to Verizon. They are my carrier & I haven't had any problems at all but then I don't have the same phone you do.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We finally broke down & got a router mainly because our DGD & hubby were coming to stay with us & she has a laptop that we knew she would want to use. The bonus is that it did make my phones data usage practically non-existent. No more worries about going over plan.
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout View Post
    We finally broke down & got a router mainly because our DGD & hubby were coming to stay with us & she has a laptop that we knew she would want to use. The bonus is that it did make my phones data usage practically non-existent. No more worries about going over plan.
    Well that sounds like a big yea for you.
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.