Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Food for Crops

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you serve when you invite friends over to crop? Please give me ideas for something easy to set out that won't get everyone's fingers too messy. Thanks!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never hosted a crop but if I did...finger foods for sure! Sandwiches, M&M's, red hots, veggies. Nothing greasy.

cindy

I think what you serve depends on who's stuff you are useing....hahha.. I think you should keep it simple they are there to scrap not for dinner. Most and I say most people will take care and use manners while eating around other stuff. I personally would not eat anything at a crop in fear that i would mess up something by mistake. what you could do is crop a while and the have a set time for lunch or break while no one is working on there scrapbooking. Then you should have no real worries.

I am with quadmom nothing greasy, no chips or pizza. might also keep cookies in the back of your mind. use things like cheese with toothpicks in them then they dont have to touch them. you could do a hame and cheese on the same toothpick or grapes they are easy and no mess.

hope that helps..

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are great ideas!!

I have to snack while scrapping (or anything for that matter!!) So, i would set up a separate table and let your friends use there own discretion.

I would keep baby wipes available or let them know where the sink is and then they can wash if need be!!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the baby wipes idea! We have non-greasy non-messy snacks out... M & M's, pretzels, celery, grapes.... anything that's fast and easy. Also, drink cups with lids... think sippy cups!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite snacks are M and M's and Reese's Pieces. Yummy...
    Jelly Belly Jelly Beans are up on my list too....

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I crop at a friends house every week. there are about 6 of us that crop together regularly. We actually do a whole dinner and have snacks. We have drinks on the table too. We;'ve never had any problems with food getting on layouts or dirty fingers. I think if you eat at a crop you would just naturally make sure your fingers are clean.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the ideas... keep 'em coming !!!

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chip and dip, chocolate, veggie tray, and then everyone brings something to share.