Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I woke up this morning a Mark Anthony (my black & tan Dachshund) was acting really weird. He didn't want anyone to touch him near his back end and he couldn't sit down on it either. Well I got a look and it scared me to death. I called the Vet (who was out of the office today). He told me I could wait until tomorrow or he could meet me at the office but it would be extra for today. I told him I didn't want to wait, I'd be there in 30 min. When he got there this big bluish spot was swelling out, he took one look and said he had been bitten by a Brown Recluise spider (sp?). He got a shot and 2 other meds to take. He told me he was glad I didn't wait because he would have been worse tomorrow. Now the bluish spot has opened up and now I have runny butt hound I'm trying to keep 4x4 on.... Let me tell you its not easy, and he is very upset he will not be sleeping in the bed.... My poor little baby, with a sore behind.....

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I woke up this morning a Mark Anthony (my black & tan Dachshund) was acting really weird. He didn't want anyone to touch him near his back end and he couldn't sit down on it either. Well I got a look and it scared me to death. I called the Vet (who was out of the office today). He told me I could wait until tomorrow or he could meet me at the office but it would be extra for today. I told him I didn't want to wait, I'd be there in 30 min. When he got there this big bluish spot was swelling out, he took one look and said he had been bitten by a Brown Recluise spider (sp?). He got a shot and 2 other meds to take. He told me he was glad I didn't wait because he would have been worse tomorrow. Now the bluish spot has opened up and now I have runny butt hound I'm trying to keep 4x4 on.... Let me tell you its not easy, and he is very upset he will not be sleeping in the bed.... My poor little baby, with a sore behind.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh the poor thing! I hope he feels better in the morning! I hope you give that poor little sweetheart an extra treat today.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awwww...poor little guy.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh poor thing...glad you got him to the vet in good time...I love my dog too! She is part of the family and even sleeps on the bed with DH and me.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is feeling a little better. He will not let me get to far from him, LOL!!

Cindy, yes he got an extra treat. He takes his infection meds twice a day wrapped in cheese...
    LOL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL we did the same thing with Kelsey when she needed meds. Though she would sometimes eat the cheese and not the pill.

Good thing you didn't wait. My cousin got bit by one on the leg and I think he still has problems years later.

Glad the dog is doing all right.

Ziggy

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no! hope he is better soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor puppy!!! I am sure glad that you took him in right away. I wouldn't wait either. Our pup wants to sleep on the bed but I am allergic to cats and dogs so in the bedroom is all I can tolerate.

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was bitten by a Brown Recluse a few years ago. I have a book with natural medicines in it and I followed that. I don't know if you can put these ingredients on dogs or not, but it worked for me. I never even got a sore. The bite ringed out, but the scab in the middle stayed a little tiny brown scab and when the scab came off on its own there was only healthy pink skin underneath. Here is what I used and the order that it needs to be put on.

1. Essential lavendar oil- this is a natural and powerful anti-venom- works for bee stings too
    2. Colloidal silver- this is a natural antisceptic and keeps away infection
    3. Vitamin E oil straight from a capsule- this helps to heal the skin

I have given this routine to other people who have been bitten by a Recluse and they had the same results that I did. No sore and it heals within 10 days completely. The lavendar oil, and it has to be 'Essential' lavendar oil, also stops the itching for hours. A good gauge is to repeat this process at least 3-4x a day. If you can use these ingredients on a dog it may help him too.