Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: my cast is off

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cast got taken off yesteday, 2 days short of 6 wks. The dr put me in a boot & told me absolutely NO barefoot, even when I get up in the middle of the night. I won't discuss how disgusting my leg & foot was after all that time but the 1st thing I did when I got home was go to the bathtub & wash! I see him again in 2 wks when he will take an xray & check things again. There is still some soreness in my foot but nothing like what it was before. Dr. says that I may not ever be completely free of pain because of the type of break & my age but as long as it's not too bad, we won't worry about any surgery. That's what I'm hoping for, a low pain level or none at all. Thanks for putting up with my whinning about this. You all are the greatest!
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats - jumping (not you) for joy!
    bonnie

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and what whinning...here hoping for no pain.
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish yoy the best. I can imagine how hot and sweaty the boot was. I will keep praying for no surgery and bearable pain. Keep us posted. And also take it easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful not to reinjure it. It will probably give you twinges for a while. When you sit down, put it up. My DD tore the ligaments in both ankles in 5th grade and broke it in 10th grade. She still has problems with them. So wear the boot. It's important. And whine away. We'll listen and cheer you up. I wore an ankle brace for about a year. It was irritating just like the boot, but after my year, I no longer have to wear it. That was 1995. So we can heal, if we do what the Doc tells us. So here's hope for a complete recovery along with my prayers for that. Keep us posted on your progress. I'm very happy for your improvement so far.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be whining too! Congrats on getting the cast off - I know that's a big relief. And what Judith said - take care of yourself and don't push it too hard; let it heal. You'll be better off in the long run.

Hope the pain goes away completely - that would be wonderful!
    Red Rubber Designs
    www.RedRubberDesigns.com
    ~*~*~*~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on getting the cast off. Just take it easy, you don't want that back on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, isn't that dead, peeling skin with all that unshaved leg hair fun!!! Amazing how much your skin sluffs off while in the cast.

I am happy for you that it is finally off! And it WILL take a while for some of the dull ache to subside or decrease. I have broken my feet three times and it took about 6 months after each cast was taken off before my foot felt tolerable. I'm so glad that your Dr. was able to finally diagnosis your broken bone! Let's hope that you will never have to go through this again!!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com