Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a clear gallon size paint can to alter to put some BD giftees in. I have already screwed up by not getting 2 pieces of 12x12 paper, so back to the craft store I go.

My other question is on placing ribbons on the handle - what length should I cut the ribbon to tie on the handle?

I think it would have been much easier (and cheaper) to just put the stuff in a box and wrap it up!
    bonnie

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always thought that about it being cheaper... I guess you have to consider it as part of the gift !! It's the gift that keeps on giving...LOL.

Don't forget to let us see the finished product.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie -> LOL you're just too funny. Are u saying you don't have any 12x12 paper at home? yikes that can't be, can it????? And as for measuring ribbon hmmm don't think I've ever done that either. Just put it on the item and glue and go at the same time and cut at the end when I get to it. LoL
    I know none of this was any help..
    Can't wait to see your finished project.

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as for adding ribbons on the handle, what i would do is tie the ribbon the handle and then cut off the spool of ribbon.. after you decide on the lenght that you want. hope that made sense...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Atty:
    Bonnie -> LOL you're just too funny. Are u saying you don't have any 12x12 paper at home? yikes that can't be, can it????? And as for measuring ribbon hmmm don't think I've ever done that either. Just put it on the item and glue and go at the same time and cut at the end when I get to it. LoL
    I know none of this was any help..

Can't wait to see your finished project.
    LOL - I do have paper, just not something festive for a birthday!

Hmmm, I forgot I have some reversible gift wrap, I might use that. But then again it would not go with the pinwheel and flowers I bought to stick out of the can.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie
    SEI has some cute pinwheel 12x12 paper - if you have access to it.
    Saw it at the show,
    Janelle
    HAPPY SCRAPPIN'
    Janelle
    http://scrappinscrawcrow.blogspot.com/
    2010: 206 pages - 124 nns; 45 cards - 41 nns
    nns: No new scraps!
    4 best purchases: my lightbox, my Crop-a-dile, ATG, and my Sit-On-Top kayak!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by tallulah1:
    Bonnie
    SEI has some cute pinwheel 12x12 paper - if you have access to it.
    Saw it at the show,
    Janelle
    That would be really cute, however I am running out of time.

I did find some 12x12 very colorful present paper at Michael's on my lunch hour and I also found a striped paper that will go with it. I just have to cut the paper correctly!
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can do it Bonnie!!!! Here's a tip for the ribbon thingy that will work with anything where you need more than one. Unroll or, shake it out of bag, pull from jar etc and loosly tie around what you are putting it on, or shove it through the hole etc. (you get the idea) adjust length, and cut. Now remove and use that as your guide to cut all the other pieces. Now to make the previous instructions throughly useless, I kind of like the look of ribbons tied on a handle at all different lengths

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay - the clear paint can is still sitting empty, I have no ambition to work on it. I did find a link yesterday that may help me or give me some ideas.

http://mb.lifetimemoments.com/viewtopic.php?t=72300

It's a link for decorating the outside of a metal can, so I actually have it a little easier since I just need to fit the paper inside.

Maybe when I finish the layout on my table that has been staring me in the face the past few days, I will work on this.
    bonnie

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a couple of ideas

--sponge paint the outside--2 or three mixed colors

--tape images/die cut around the can, then dab ink or paint, pull off die cut, silver will show through

--cut paper to fit around the can, use a nice hole punch, and do a border around the edge, again the metal will show through, if you use a flower punch, you can use simple rhinestones in the middle to give it a 3-d twist.

--quick and easy, use various color coordinated ribbons, and cover the entire can using each ribbon once. (great way to get rid of those extra pieces of ribbon. You can also alternate ribbon, paper, ribbon, paper.

If you use yes glue--it works wonders, you can get it at Michaels for 9.99--use a 40% coupon. Not sure of any other glue that would work.

Misty