Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ladies! I will be hosting the first swap of this board. It will be a recipe swap. What you will do is make a 2 page 6x6 layout with a recipe on it that corresponds to the group you sign up for. You can make the layout as you wish. I will take sign ups until Jan. 5th and they will be due to me on Feb. 10th. They will be mailed back as soon as I receive them all, so if I get them back early you will get them back early too. The groups are as follows ( I will add more groups and spots as needed)

<span class="ev_code_RED">New due date! I will make these due on Feb. 24th. We should be getting our new internet service on Thursday! Is there anyone else who would like to sign up???</span>

Desserts:
    1.Ziggy
    2.Janice
    3.Cass17

Soups & Stews
    1.Ziggy
    2.Cass17

Main Dishes
    1.Hostess
    3.Miche_2403

Appetizers
    1.Hostess
    2.Ziggy

Mexican
    1.Hostess
    2.Cass17
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ladies! I will be hosting the first swap of this board. It will be a recipe swap. What you will do is make a 2 page 6x6 layout with a recipe on it that corresponds to the group you sign up for. You can make the layout as you wish. I will take sign ups until Jan. 5th and they will be due to me on Feb. 10th. They will be mailed back as soon as I receive them all, so if I get them back early you will get them back early too. The groups are as follows ( I will add more groups and spots as needed)

<span class="ev_code_RED">New due date! I will make these due on Feb. 24th. We should be getting our new internet service on Thursday! Is there anyone else who would like to sign up???</span>

Desserts:
    1.Ziggy
    2.Janice
    3.Cass17

Soups & Stews
    1.Ziggy
    2.Cass17

Main Dishes
    1.Hostess
    3.Miche_2403

Appetizers
    1.Hostess
    2.Ziggy

Mexican
    1.Hostess
    2.Cass17
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy more reciepies! hmm if anyone needs ideas I just got the Paper Crafts Gourmet which has recipies and paper craft ideas for your party inspirations! I'll probably have to use one of those recipes since I don'thave too many of my own.

hmm looks like I'll take
    Desserts - Dessert Sushi,
    Soups and Stews - June's Broccoli Cheese Appetizers - hmm big decisions do you want to make dips another section? They have the first few thing in appetizers are dips I'd want to try then there's a cheeseball thing and a vanilla chex mix but I don't know if you'd consider that snack food or dessert.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziggy, do you want to do soups and stews, or do you want me to make another group for dips? Or do you want both? I'm slightly confused Which is easy to do. lol
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have to specify what we are giving a recipe to ahead of time? Also, Have you done anything like this before? If so, could you post a photo so I can get an idea of what to do? Thanks.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you don't have to specify. And no, I've never done a recipe layout before. I want a recipe scrapbook instead of the standard Betty Crocker cookbook. I thought it would be fun, and we're sure to get tried and true good for kids recipes, lol. I'm thinking print out the name and ingredients on one small piece of cardstock, and the instructions on another. Think of them as your pictures. And then embellish any way you'd like. You don't have to do it that way, that's just how I thought about it.
    Cindy

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok...this is one of my 1st swaps....i think i would like to particpate...
    Do I have to sign up for something in each category??? How many do I have to make??? Do I have to list right away what i am thinking of putting into the swap?????

I could really use all the help and guidance anyone is willing to share.
    thank you
    Robin
    Robin
    http://tqmnurse.blogspot.com Come and be a highlighted artist!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robin, thanks for sharing! Ask away! Ok, you only sign up for the category(ies) that you want to do. You make a layout for each person in that group except yourself. So, if the group has 3 people you only make 2 kits. At the end everyone sends them to me, and I put everyone's together and send them back to you! It's lots of fun! No you don't have to let me know what the recipe is going to be. The only thing is that maybe if anyone is allergic (or your family) to something let us know. I think we should try to do something else so the person can use that recipe. If you have any more questions, just let me know!
    Cindy

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, so, i guess i'm a little confused... it's a 2 page layout of the recipe???? how do we fill 2 pages? i guess that's what throwing me off... and when you say kits, does this mean that the things are attached or just included so the person that recieves them can make it personalized to their likings?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You actually make the layout with the things attatched. They are only 6x6 pages so I don't *think* it will be too hard to fill.
    Cindy