Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Crop questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being up here in NE GA I have never attended a crop. WE have interst in hosting them a couple tmes a month. So we are scheduling a jammie crop for Novemeber 8 am till......
    Tell us the following:
    If we charge $25 you will get, a breakfast (fruit, cheese, coffee, tea, juice) snacks (bring your own lunch), sodas and water and doorprises. And a half of a table space.
    We have enough tables for 20 ladies (10 tables)
    What do you think?
    AND what should we have for doorprises? How often - once an hour? etc...
    Please tell me what you expect at an all day crop. All proceeds will go to buy supplies for the art studio.
    Thanks,
    Janelle
    HAPPY SCRAPPIN'
    Janelle
    http://scrappinscrawcrow.blogspot.com/
    2010: 206 pages - 124 nns; 45 cards - 41 nns
    nns: No new scraps!
    4 best purchases: my lightbox, my Crop-a-dile, ATG, and my Sit-On-Top kayak!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohh that sounds fun. I would say door prizes maybe every hour?

The weekend crop I went to had LO challenges and we voted on the LO's that were done and they were awarded a prize. If it was the same person for 2 challenges then it went to someone else. I got a really cool AAM mini tote but if that's not in the price range then maybe a couple of sheets of paper, stickers, a mini kit? some papers with ribbon or something? I think we did mini door prizes too besides the challenges, don't remmeber.

Is anyone sponsering this too? Maybe do a raffle for a near by sb store gift card

will you have any classes? The one I went to had a class on doing lo's can't remember the cost. since it's one day maybe have some type of make and take or a technique demo.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help you on that one! I live in the boonies too but keep checking the local paper.
    Mickie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually at a crop as you are describing, you have some class instruction, like a make it and take it, or a card demo, or someone who is very computer savy does a demo on digital LOs. We had several companies, Creative Memories, Stamping up, Mikes, ACM's who sent demonstraters and gave small door prizes. The demos could sell to the group. Then we cropped, and took classes, watched demos for the whole day. There was one large door prize and a small one from each demo.

Hope this helps. Wish I were closer to you and I'd come.
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janelle, if you're going to give out door prizes, you should try to get them donated. Otherwise the cost of them will be coming out of your profits. I would try to find any consultants you can (one per company) and charge a fee for them to be able to have a table where they can do a demo of some sorts. It would still be a great deal for them because they could rack up quite a bit of business with a room full of 20 ladies. Or maybe if they donate a door prize they can do a demo for free. I've been to all day crops before with lots of friends. We always plan on being able to get alot done because it is all day. If you have vendors there, you may want them to have it where the ladies can go up at their leisure instead of saying do this one at this time, the next one at this time, etc. HTH. And I'm sure whatever you do decide, it's going to be great.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever you decide, if this is a group of ladies that will become "regulars," do a survey to get their feedback on what they would like to see. Some people just want to get to work, while others want to socialize. Mini page kits would be good prizes, maybe a share time where everyone who wants can show what they've done. A technique/tip session every 90 minutes would be good, people can participate if they want. Look at CM, SU, CTMH websites to see if there is anyone close enough to come and demo for you. Above all, have chocolate of some kind, and firm ground rules (no open cups on tables, no space hogging, no spray adhesive inside, etc)
    Laura

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crops that i've been to has never had any prizes or that type of things. WE just worked and socialized. Not much help here, although, it sounds like a great crop!! Good luck!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The price sounds good, as do the ideas that have been set forth. A lot of people do just like to crop and not participate in challenges, etc. I like the idea of a drawing every hour for something small - you could have a basket of goodies and the winners choose what they want from the basket. It would be great to get a large prize donated for the grand prize. Good luck :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I have hosted free crops, I do not give away prizes. I do know they are groups that charge and give away prizes, although I have not been to them. I would rather scrap free and let my friends scrap free too.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    something else has been mentioned before, make sure people label their stuff and know who they loaned it too. If you have supplies out for them to use like quick cuts make sure it's labeld and all gets back to you

Ziggy