Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see there are quite a few of us that ordered the Silhouette from QVC the other day. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a site to go to or message board like Wishblade users have? I've been doing a "search" but haven't really come up with anything. I have also read the 2peas.... but there really isn't a tips/hint section like the yahoo has for wishblade.

Was hoping to find some other users online or help areas before mine arrives.
    Dawn

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea. But sorry, I think the machine is too new for anything like this. I think we have to figure it out for ourselves. Maybe we can form our own support group LOL. I did some checking around and didn't find much. Here's a link to Lisa Bearnson blog. There a demo on the Sil there. I have read that wishblade groups are helping Sil owners.

Anyways, I'll keep checking to see what I can find.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came across this one on the other board.
    Just found this post on Two Peas.
    http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/...ead_id=2335534

Here is another one:

http://scrapbook.com/forums/showtopi.../1406017/tp/1/

Hope they help. I didn't get it, but it is on my wish list! Beth
    Grandma to Hunter, Autumn and Xander!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Beth and blu. I found some infomation from those sites you just listed. There are tutorials on the scrapbook and paperthread forums. I have lots of reading to do. I am just awful at trying to find things on the net so this helps out a lot.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered the SIL from QVC too. Unfortunately, it's a C'mas present so I can't play with it yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dawn, I was wondering how you were doing with your machine? Have you found any tutorials that were helpful? Have you been using your machine? I have been doing lots of reading but little in the way of actually experimenting and cutting wtih the silhouette. (I can't use it when the kids are around and I've been too sleepy or my DH is too busy) I did make a couple of test cuts to make sure the machine was up and running. I'm getting really excited about what I'll be able to do. I've downloaded inkscape; it's free.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have what might be a silly question.. It's something I thought I knew, but then I saw something else that confused me....(doesn't take much, really )

With the WB or SIL, do they cut out only fonts or will they cut out most any design?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Scrapn'newbie:

With the WB or SIL, do they cut out only fonts or will they cut out most any design?

Thanks
    The Wishblade cuts way more than fonts. You can use any True Type font on your computer, which gives you access to hundreds of alphas when you get online and go to the freebie font sites. You can trace or auto trace graphics on your computer and you can also draw your own diecuts. You can also print and cut using registration marks. With the new software you can also weld letters and words together or weld shapes or dings to letters and words as well. BossKut has just started selling their diecuts in cutter machine format for download. There are lots of 'free' cutter files on the net too and several places to buy cutter files. The cutter file for Wishblade and Craft Robo are GSD files. Not sure what format the Silouette takes.

Here is a yahoo group for Silhouette owners. It is probably similar to the Wishblade groups.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/silhouetteusers/

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rose.... I initially thought that the WB could cut most any shape, then for some reason, I got to thinking it was fonts only. Then, YOU!! actually! (now that I've gone back and looked) LOL, posted their daughter's altered notebook with the horses and sun. Very Cute, btw. My own DD would love it. Anyway, then I was back to thinking it would do most all cuts/shapes. I don't really know at what point or why I started thinking it was just fonts.