Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New here from Illinois

I was wondering how to avoid having to say, "I'm new here" over and over as I post, then saw this introduction forum. So this will be the last time I introduce myself as new. I've been a member of the DIY Network community for a long time but was looking for a little more activity. A friend recommended SAS. I've been scrapping for about 10 years, but not consistently. I'm a messy scrapper who hates clutter, but I've not learned how to scrap without making a mess. Sometimes I unleash my desire to scrapbook and will work on an album until I complete it. Then, I'll clean up my mess and enjoy the clean for a while. I have a craftroom/office, which I reorganize every six months, but I can't keep from buying new things, so mostly my craftroom is used to house my supplies. I use my dining room table to scrap. Messy! Right now I'm working on a Disney album for my youngest son's family. I did one for my oldest son's family two years ago. I now feel like I've been to Disney, and the best part is that I get to experience the kids fun without having to go there. BTW, I said I was new but actually joined in 2010. I just haven't been active. I'm looking forward to making new friends on here and reconnecting with some of my DIY friends.
    Marsha from Illinois
    Scrapbooking mantra: Storage isn't organization!

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marshapeck,
    Welcome,there are quite a few, ladies from DIY or HGTV boards. Looking forward to getting to know ya. jump in and have some fun!!!!
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome to the fun. I have a craftroom to, but I do my crafting in the den...LOL
    Looking forward to getting to know you and enjoy your work if you want to post and share it.
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Marshapeck, so happy you joined us.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

I am learning to scrap, but love making cards, altered book and things...Everyone here is super and you will love it!

I am going to try and work on a Disney book for my Grandson, any help appreciated!
    Karen

The little voices in my head keep saying..."Get more Chickens!"

...The difference between *life* and *living*...When you have someone close, someone special, a *Best Friend*, it's *Living*...When you lose her...it's just *Life*...
    ....Perhaps they are not stars in the sky....But rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy....
    ...FAITH is the bridge between where I AM...and where GOD is taking me...

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm fairly new here and I am also on DIY. My craft space is about 4 feet wide and around 11 feet long. I use the foot of the bed as a "I'll put this here until i need it". It may be next week, but it will eventually get used. I bet I beat you in the messy part. The ladies here are super nice and there is something going on all the time.
    Shirley
    I never walk alone, He is always with me
    If you laugh at yourself, the world will leave you alone

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm liking you all already. Suggestions for a Disney album: Go online to the Disney websites. You can print pics that are camera quality. My kids forgot to take a picture of their hotel, but I found a great one online. Same with some places they visited but didn't photograph. They were thrilled. You can also learn about the many Disney venues, which enhances your journaling. You can print graphics for embellishments. For example, I printed maps of each park, then embellished them with stickers and cutout pics of the kids. This turns what would be a pretty boring page into an interesting reference to all each park offered. I also bought embellishments, but I could have done the entire album with things I found online. I printed mostly on photo paper because it made the graphics and pics vivid and dimensional. I used Disney music lyrics as a sidebar on one page and lots of Disney phrases throughout the album. My biggest problem with the current album, I've added pages twice. It's getting pretty bulky.
    Marsha from Illinois

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, hi ShirleyM. I remember you from DIY. So good to connect with you again. Question for everyone. What determines if you are a senior or junior scrapper? I don't remember chosing an option.
    Marsha from Illinois

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi marsh! Good to e you! You'll love it here!

Clarinda

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marshapeck View Post
    BTW, hi ShirleyM. I remember you from DIY. So good to connect with you again. Question for everyone. What determines if you are a senior or junior scrapper? I don't remember chosing an option.
    You'll become a senior scrapper when you get more posts. I forgot the number of posts where it changes; it could be 500?
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.