Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling Supplies

Hi everyone, I am not a scrapper but I am writing because I really need help with something and I figured this would be a good place to ask. Two years ago, my mother began a terrible battle with breast cancer that left her stuck inside the house for many months with nothing to do. During this time, she started hoarding and bought thousands and thousands of dollars worth of new and used scrap booking/sewing supplies. She never once used these supplies, but my father never stopped her because she was already going through such a tough time. These days, my mother is cancer free (thank God), but three rooms in my house are completely filled with sooo much supplies that is just sitting around gathering dust. The items range from big machines, to tons and tons of little glitter and paint jars and everything in between.

I was hoping that someone here could please give me some advice for how to sell these supplies and get some of the money back that she spent. All together it was about $25,000 that we never had to spare in the first place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, whether you have any experience with eBay or craigslist or just any ideas. Thank you in advance and I apologize if my decision to post this here was a bad one.

If you have any idea how to help me, please respond on this board or email me at [email protected]

Thanks, Olivia

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First congrats on your mother being cancer free.

Sorry, no experience with ebay or craiglist. If you live in a good enough area you might could do a couple of yard sales and
    make sure you list them as scrapbooking or/and sewing supplies. I don't think you will ever get close to what she paid for
    all of the supplies tho.

I don't know anything about tax write offs for donations but maybe check into donating all of it to a school or something.
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most people use and like Craigs list. Glad your mother is well!
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go the yard sale route with paper, stamps, embellishments, ribbon, and smallers tools, even any kind of storage stuff (drawers, shelves, bins) Just got down having one myself and on a very small portion of paper and stamps and small tools I was able to get $250 for the stuff I sold. Loose paper I packaged in the largest of ziplock lock bags and sold 25 sheets for $3.00, stacks that had a few sheets missing here and there sold for $5, and so on... I came home with no paper left and very few stamps. If she had expensive die cutting tools, machines, those things I'd go with listing on ebay or a local classified website. I know the town I live in has a free listing of items you are selling. Good luck!
    Kerri
    2013 scrappy goal:
    1.) Get Pubmished In Print Magazine
    * submit three times per month til I do!
    completions for 2013:
    LO's:4
    Cards:12
    altered projects: 3
    http://kerrikr8tions.blogspot.com