Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: opinion please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I like this card but I dont' know what to do with it so I'd like your opinion. You won't hurt my feelings if you don't like it. Is there something I could change to make it better - maybe all red instead of red/gold?
    TIA
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the gold and red stuff, I think the gold should stay, Maybe a bow of some kind something to draw the eye to. I like the card though but your right, it does need something!......Sue
    Hi, My name is Sue and I am a Big-Shot -aholic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The card is very pretty but I agree, it's missing something. Maybe a little glitter?
    Mickie

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Christmas scene paper. Maybe the textured paper would do better on a tag. I really like the gold effect.
    Keep the memories alive and scrap it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The red & gold is a technique I saw SplitCoastStampers.com. It's basically glossy cardstock, glue and Pearl-Ex powders. The verse inside is a "recipe" for Christmas & I thought of doing something about that but am at a loss as to what. Keep the thinking caps on I still have a little time to get this finished.
    Thanks,
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carol, I think it needs a sentiment in larger letters. Something to draw the eye. There's a lot to see, so there needs to be a focal point.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. A focal point gives the eye a place to rest. Can you post the 'recipe for Christmas' for us? Maybe we can get some ideas from that for a focal point on the front.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks very neat. But to me, the gold and white aren't going together. I think it would look better if the paper was a cream color or the gold was silver. Kudos to you for trying something new!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can disagree with Cindy cuz' she's my friend lol. (well actually I'm offerring a compromise)I think Red, Gold and the white are going together just fine but I think you need to pull some gold onto the pp to tone the white down a bit. I would do this my going down and getting yourself some gold glitter spray. I have found this for cheapest at wally world. It is a ultra fine glitter in a hair spray kind of can. Mask off that cool glue and pearl ex technique with some sheets of scrap paper so you just get the pp. You will have to use a fixative spray after so you don't your glitter stays put. You could also use spray adhesive and fine glitter but it will cover up more of your pp and I think that would be a shame. You saved your scraps of pp right?! test some stuff out on them. Another idea that I think I would do in addition to the gold glitter spray is stamp a sentiment diagonally on the pp and gold emboss it. A long scripty looking one would look classy! In fact do this before you spray glitter. Please post any changes you make

oops forgot to tell you the glitter spray is in the crafts dept. you can also find it at florists they use it to spray real and silk flowers. Comes in irridescent and silver as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the "recipe":
    Take a heap of child-like wonder
    That opens up our eyes
    To the unexpected gifts in lifeó
    Each day a sweet surprise.
    Mix in fond appreciation
    For the people whom we know;
    Like festive Christmas candles,
    Each one has a special glow.
    Add some giggles and some laughter,
    A dash of Christmas food,
    (Amazing how a piece of pie
    Improves our attitude!)
    Stir it all with human kindness;
    Wrap it up in love and peace,
    Decorate with optimism, and
    Our joy will never cease.
    If we use this healthy recipe,
    We know we will remember
    To be in the Christmas spirit,
    Even when it's not December.
    By Joanna Fuchs

Going to out with a friend this morning so will have to work on this later. Thanks ladies for all the great ideas. You all are the best.
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat