Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on my second digital layout. I'm really new at this and I'm stuck. I am having so much trouble with text. I want to rotate "this girl" so it reads sideways and I want to add a text block to journal in and nothing is working. I'm using PSE 5.0.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on my second digital layout. I'm really new at this and I'm stuck. I am having so much trouble with text. I want to rotate "this girl" so it reads sideways and I want to add a text block to journal in and nothing is working. I'm using PSE 5.0.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have PSE5, so can only guess (I have PSE$ for Mac), but try this. Click on the Text tool. At the top you should see several icons, including one that will flip from horizontal to vertical (but I'm not sure if that is what you are wanting to do.) If you are only trying to rotate the angle of 'this girl', once you have finished typing and formatting the text, click on the tool at the top of the bar. It should give handle bars for stretching, etc. If you move the cursor up near the corner handle bars, the cursor should change from 'cross' arrows, to a 'curved' arrow. Click and hold there, and drag the corner to the whole phrase rotates.

For making a 'text box' just click on your text tool to make it active, then click and drag the box to the shape and size you want. Then click once inside the box and start typing.

Hope that helps with what your are trying to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried that with the text box, but I never see text inside it. I struggled with the text that I have on it, but that's all I was able to do. I'll go back and see if I can rotate the text the way you said. I just want it 90 degrees left.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you wating to have it read up and down. If you are then use the vertical too. Your baby is so cute and I love the colors . GREAT JOB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass, click on the move tool (looks like a + with an arrow in the upper left corner of it) then try moving your pointer a little further way from the word. The pointer should turn into a half circle with arrows at the end, this will allow you to spin the word in any direction by holding down the left mouse button. It will look like this....

Hope this helps.

This will also work with moving your pieces around or turning them on an angle.

Your LO is really cute. Love the pp you choose!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be curious too, but your page is BEAUTIFUL! Looks sooooo nice! I would love for you to send us all a pic of your finished page when done.
    Cheryl
    "I am bound to them, though I cannot look into their eyes, or hear their voices. I honor their history, I cherish their lives, I will tell their story. Therefore I scrapbook"

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cass17:
    I tried that with the text box, but I never see text inside it. I struggled with the text that I have on it, but that's all I was able to do. I'll go back and see if I can rotate the text the way you said. I just want it 90 degrees left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One more thing to check...the font size and color. For whatever reason, I've often noticed I THINK nothing is typing in the text box, and then realize the font has reset itself to 3.5. May not be your problem, but is worth checking out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.
    I'm realizing that I'm not even sure how the layering works with fonts. I know to put them on the top, but when I type the words show up as the name of the layer. Is that right? Also, is there a way to make a text box that I can type and use the return to get to the next line? I've only found single line text (when I can get it to work)
    I'll try that rotate thing when I get home. Thanks Karen for your little photo description - it really helps to see it.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup...the text does show as the name of the layer.
    You can just hit return to go to the next line.
    If you 'draw' a text box first, the text will autowrap to the size of your box, which you can resize with handle bars.
    If instead, you just click and type ( and not draw a text box) you will need to hit return or the text will go clear off the canvas. And if you 'resize' that methos, it will resiza and distort your text. Just play with it awhile..you'll get it