Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beat the Heat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you guys going to beat the heat today? It is supposed to be 102 today with heat indeces of 115-118. I'll be going out early to see if I am smart enough to work the weed eater. I'm not going to try very hard though, lol. Other than that, I am staying inside! Our heat index was 95 as of 6:30am!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well as you know Cindy we are living in an unfinished basement with no ac. It's not been bad up until the last couple of days. The fans help a lot, but I guess if it gets too bad I might have to go to hang out at my parents One thing I don't do is look at the thermometer on the brand new just sitting there furnace/heatpump lol. My DH comes home and says how hot is it in here, and I tell him I don't know, it's better if I don't look lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The high today is suppose to be 101 and tomorrow the temp is up to 103. Our heat index is suppose to be 110, and since it has not rained around here in forever, I don't have to worry about my yard. We are under a stage 3 drought and we are not allowed to water, so my flowers and yard and suffering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have been enjoying a cool spell this week, and I am LOVIN' IT!! 60degree mornings with a high in the low 90's... pretty unusual for August here!! Have not been running the AC unless it gets hot in the late afternoon/evening.

I sympathize for you guys having to deal with heat AND humidity; and Lori- my goodness... I am sending cold comfort thoughts your way!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The humidity is really bad today...feels very sauna like out there. I shouldn't have bothered doing my hair before I came to work. Once I stepped outside it was if I hadn't done anything to it at all.

Lori - why are you living in an unfinished basement?

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The humidity is awful. We are hanging out in the living room where the AC is. My son will go out for like 15 minutes to play baseball - come in soaking wet. Today there is a breeze at least but still wicked. On Saturday, we were at Yankee Stadium and the heat was unbearable. After we saw A-Rod hit his 500th homerun I kept going into the tunnel to get out of the sun. We spent a small fortune on just water! It was an awesome experience though. We sit in the cheap bleacher seats and we were right in front of the Yankee bullpen - got to see Roger Clemens and Mariano Rivera. Kids were in heaven.
    Barb K

porud mommy to Timmy (11) and Alex (7)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it funny what we will endure when the activity is worth it? Sweated my butt off to see Clint Black in concert and Brooks and Dunn. Do the same for Cardinals games, Give me free tickets to other stuff and I won't even take them when it's like this.

Cass, lol! I am living in an unfinished basement because we are building a new home and even though the construction workers are all on unemployment (making about 200.00 a week) they don't seem to be interested in working for less than an arm and a leg. So we are finishing ourselves. We couldn't continue to justify rent and construction loan interest payment. We will be moving upstairs before cold weather sets in though. Right now we are installing log siding, in August in MO are we insane or what?! But when it's done will be able to say we did "all this" ourselves!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had the most unusual summer this yr. We haven't had any 3 digit temps yet because of all the rain we've had. We usually hit 100 in June or early July but not this yr. We are supposed to hit 100 today & it's predicted for the rest of the week with really high heat index temps. I'm just going to stay in the house with the a/c.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is super hot here in Northern Alabama. Over 100 today! I feel like my air never shuts off! I went to put something in the mail box earlier and almost couldn't breath it is so hot!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back from my mommy's house. They have a pool. Makes the 115 heat index feel great, lol. However, I burned in no time! And we'll probably end up doing the same thing tomorrow.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon