Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonna vent for now. Here's a run down of what has been one of the most (if not THE most!) stressful week of my life!

Monday:
    7:30am start laundry
    7:38am hear BANG! - Corrie-Lynn has slipped in the water on the laundry room floor that has been pouring out of the washing machine for 5 minutes, but she's ok!
    7:40am wake up hubby (who just went to bed an hour ago because he's working nights) to assess damage - results are not good!
    *Note* The laundry room is on the main floor, there is a finished basement with drop-ceiling underneath
    7:45am start cleaning that will last all day
    damage:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>queen mattress on guest bed is toast (thankfully wooden frame survived)
    <LI>water damage on quite a few walls
    <LI>half a dozen ceiling tiles to replace
    <LI>plywood stored under stairs is damaged
    <LI>water damage to carpet in rec room (about 7' circle)
    <LI>water damage to carpet in guest bathroom
    <LI>very expensive collectibles (Krystonia) in original boxes with paperwork damaged (about 30 original boxes)[/list]
    I think that about covers it.
    3:00pm missed doctors appointment to have girls' immunization records updated for new daycare starting Oct 1
    8:00pm phone call my pants for my uniform are in

Tuesday: Go to pick up my pants, wrong size, stick around to learn some stuff anyway, leave. Half hour later my real new pants have arrived. Pick them up (still one size too big). I'm scheduled to work Wed, Thurs & Fri. Go home, find out new daycare won't take the girls on my part-time schedule, have to find new subsidized daycare (put on every waiting list in town). Girls are cranky. Clean up the basement some more. Trying to potty train Corrie-Lynn again, not working well. Neighbour comes over with professional equipment for drying out the basement - assesses damage around $10,000. OUCH! Grandma owns the house & won't do an insurance claim, grrr! Prepare to mail some things I sold on eBay. Fall into bed.

Wednesday: Corrie-Lynn has a cold. Both girls are cranky. Continue looking for daycare. Talk with subsidy about my current daycare marking my girls present when they were not, find out I might lose subsidy (without subsidy I cannot work). Discuss things with my daycare. Hope things all work out. Go to my first day of work at Wendy's (that actually went well!). Come home and more back & forth with subsidy office & daycare. Corrie-Lynn is not sounding good. Aunt Chris comes over at 7pm for some scrapping time, BUT, Grandma shows up too, to check on basement, scrapping is delayed until 8pm. Scrap for 3 hours and fall into bed.

Thursday: Corrie-Lynn is sounding a bit better. Corrie-Lynn turns 3 today. Still trying to find daycare and sort out subsidy (this is worse than it all sounds!). Work 1pm - 4pm (all is good again). Offer a ride home to my trainer who is on my way home. She has to make a stop and takes an additional 25 minutes which makes DH a little late for work. Corrie-Lynn has to go poop right before bed and is successful on the potty (YAY!). Grandma is talking about getting someone in to fix the damage (I disagree with the person she's chosen).

Friday: Corrie-Lynn is just sneezing today and pees on the potty first thing in the morning (YAY!). Drive to daycare to sign sheet with REAL info for this week's care schedule. Daycare has a meeting with subsidy (no info on how that went yet). Arrange delivery for a bedroom set we've sold through classifieds. Daycare has been offered (YAY!), BUT, immunization records can't be updated until October 24 (our Dr is bery busy), try to work something out (we'll see how that goes!). Work 1pm - 4pm (goes great). Come home, Corrie-Lynn pees on the dining room floor. Then on the living room floor. Girls are very cranky. Corrie-Lynn is calling me from the bathroom now. Wish me luck...........

I'm sure I've missed something, because this doesn't sound as bad as it has felt!
    Melissa

To scrap or to cook, that is the question!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Melissia - I am so sorry - Hope things start looking up real soon.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And so goes a week in the life of a mother. I hope things will get better for you soon! We had a pipe burst last winter right after we moved in here and flooded the living room and got most of the boxes that were still waiting to be unpacked, so I can feel your pain. I hope little Corrie Lynn is feeling better too!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, at least you got some scrapping time in!

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Melissa,
    So sorry to hear about your week. Hope things get better soon!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about our week. I hope you have a better one next week. Vent all you need we are here for you.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the water thing--we woke up one morning to heard an toy robot in the basement making all kinds of noise---opened the door, turned on the light to find over a foot of water in our basement. NOT GOOD and insurance didn't cover us at all. Just try and look at the positive and focus on the good! What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger!

All things are possible with the Lord!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've also experienced the water thingy. We were out of town for a week in July(our old house), the A/C was broken and the icemaker hose sprung a leak. House was a split foyer with kitchen on upper level. Water ran for a week, down wall to family room and into dining room with hard woods. We racked up about $27, 000 in damages. The worst part was the mess and I didn't like the people the insurance co sent in to do the clean-up and repairs. The antique piano never did get restored, but I still have it.

So hang in there Melissa, it will get better. I'm sorry you had to experience the mess. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.
    Judith

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the support ladies, we are pulling through and will hopefully have the daycare mess starightened out today....
    Melissa

To scrap or to cook, that is the question!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Melissa! I can't understand why the girl's doc can't get your "blue form" updated before the 24th. That seems odd, are there shots up to date? Around here, all we have to do is give the doc 48-72 hours (and a small fee of course) and you can pick it up. Good luck!