Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son is in a Special Olympics bowling league. He is growing so fast before my eyes and I didn't buy him a bowling ball because next year I would have to get another...welll....

One of the girls on his team gave him her old ball. It had her name engraved on it...Her mom apoligizing...My son with Autism says "I am okay with your name on it, I will just call my ball alyson after you maybe it will bring me luck." Brought tears to my eyes...

So My point...I told my son he needs to give Alyson a thank you note...and maybe we can make her something. We altered this formula can and he strung the beads on a wire for the handle ...It was so cool I used my crop-a-dile to punch holes and put grommets in the side.. He picked the paper from the LSS and I adhered it on with ribbon and flowers by jolees...It is my first ever altered item...I mainly just do scrapbook pages...I can't take credit for this all by my self my son helped..It is filled with assorted choc. bars..

Sorry that was a little windy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the side with the grommet/eyelet...I did use the needle nose to flatten the inside lip a bit to get the crop-a-dile on...It was so easy..No hassle..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is AWESOME!!! It turn out great. She is going to love it. Your son is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes, what a great story.

I think you found a new hobbie "Altered items" I mean you got to do something with all your Layout caught up. I am thinking christmas presents.

This turned out great, let your son know he did a great job. Hope to see more.

Janice
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sweet Stacy - Now you need to do a scrap page of him helping you make it with the story.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a very nice can! And how sweet of your son to help. You certainly are raising him very well! I can hardly get my boys to hold a stinkin' door open for me!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw! That is so sweet! You must be so proud of him.
    And the can is very cute!!
    "If it's unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!"

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son with Autism says "I am okay with your name on it, I will just call my ball alyson after you maybe it will bring me luck." Brought tears to my eyes...
    Awwwwww, that was such a thoughtful thing to say & super sweet too!

I can see that little quote leading to a fun LO!

The altered can came out great and I am sure she'll love it. SAve all those formula cans- you know they're going to come in handy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stacy, this is so cute! I love the beaded handle with the grommets on it and the size is perfect!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cute altered can! and the story is so touching- I hope you plan on making a scrapbook page with this story and a picture of him with his "lucky" bowling ball!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mommaidwf maybe it is a texas/southern thing .....If my son doesn't open the door for me and hold it...I just stand there..I have the money he will not go far..don't say a word just stand there..

I am excited I have 10 cans right now..I am going to do christmas gifts...I have 10 sheets of 12 x 12 that have cookies all over ir...I am going to fill the can with a dry cookie mix and cookie cutter...maybe a mit to match